3 Replies Latest reply on Oct 10, 2018 1:29 PM by jaramill

I Prepared for Exam 1Z0-051 But Now It Is Retired. What Should I do ?

KumailAliShaikh

Hello Everyone.

I Prepared for Oracle Database 11g SQL Fundamentals I Exam 1Z0-051 without knowing that it is not longer available and retired in April 2018. So i further researched and found Oracle Database 12c SQL Fundamentals I Exam 1Z0-061 is available to take and will retire on October 31st 2018. So now I'm here sitting here confused what should be my next step should i take Oracle Database 12c SQL Fundamentals I Exam 1Z0-061 since 95% of Exam 1Z0-061 topics are similar to Exam 1Z0-051 or should i further prepare and take Oracle Database SQL Exam 1Z0-071 which is an Associate level exam. Please guide me since i want take Oracle Database 11g: Program with PL/SQL Exam 1Z0-144 in future to become a Oracle Certified PL/SQL Developer. Also further details about Oracle Database SQL Exam 1Z0-071 will be much appreciated.

Thanks !

• 1. Re: I Prepared for Exam 1Z0-051 But Now It Is Retired. What Should I do ?
          jaramill

I know it's confusing, but I would focus on first getting your OCA SQL and if you've already studied for 1Z0-051 then just know you have that knowledge to then ADD to when you study for the exam 1Z0-071.

That exam will prepare you for the OCA-SQL (Oracle Database SQL Certified Associate).  Once you've achieved that certification follow the next step.

Then you can focus on getting your OCA-PL/SQL (Oracle PL/SQL Developer Certified Associate) buy studying for the exam 1Z0-144.  You will need to have fulfilled the requirements prior to taking that exam (having the OCA-SQL is one which you achieved by passing exam 1Z0-071....or....you can take and pass exam 1Z0-061 which will retire at the end of October this year [2018]).  I would just prepare for 1Z0-071 instead as that is just recent and no worries about it retiring.

Read up on the requirements here --> https://education.oracle.com/pls/web_prod-plq-dad/db_pages.getpage?page_id=654&get_params=p_id:555&p_org_id=1001&lang=US…

Then after that (which is the stage I'm at) you can focus on getting your OCP-PL/SQL (Oracle Database PL/SQL Developer Certified Professional) by taking exam 1Z0-148.

I currently have the OCE-SQL (Oracle Certified Database SQL Expert) after passing exam 1Z0-047 (retired end of July last year [2017]) but still eligible to fulfill requirements for other certifications.

And I also have the OCA-PL/SQL.  Read my review here --> Exam 1Z0-144 (11g Program with PL/SQL) - My Review

Read the requirements for each exam carefully as things are always changing.  But currently that's the latest.  Brandye Barrington is the official spokesperson, so I'm sure she'll chime in if anything I said is no longer current.

Good luck on your exam.

• 2. Re: I Prepared for Exam 1Z0-051 But Now It Is Retired. What Should I do ?
            alanmanyin919

What's the difference between 061 and 071?

Which one is better?

• 3. Re: I Prepared for Exam 1Z0-051 But Now It Is Retired. What Should I do ?
              jaramill

alanmanyin919 wrote:

What's the difference between 061 and 071?

The main difference is, if passed, exam 1Z0-061, does not achieve any certification.  Whereas 1Z0-071 does (OCA-SQL).  And it's fairly new, thus no need to worry about it retiring.

Wherease 1Z0-061 will be retiring next year.

alanmanyin919 wrote:

Which one is better?

Better is not the question.

It's which is more aligned with what an Oracle SQL developer does?  That would be exam 1Z0-071.

Study for 1Z0-071 is my suggestion.