10 Replies Latest reply on Oct 26, 2018 4:12 PM by Pierre Yotti

Interactive Grid debugging - Full query

partlycloudy

Interactive Grid seems to be very sensitive to the column display type since it folds in LOV queries for all the LOV-based columns into the base query as we discuss here.

The problem is that if the data in a column is null or otherwise does not meet the conditions for the query (e.g. exact join) the IG query fails and it fetches no data. Running in debug mode rarely helps because the generated query is truncated after the first few characters.

Is there a way to see the full IG query generated by the APEX engine so we can identify which column's display type is causing it to fail?

Case in point - I spent a lot of time changing column display types on an IG only to have it crash at run time with the following error stack! My base query runs fine so clearly this is an issue introduced by the generated query but I have no idea how to troubleshoot without painstakingly re-doing each column display type update and seeing which one causes it to crash. Surely there is a better way.

• is_internal_error: true
      • apex_error_code: APEX.REGION.UNHANDLED_ERROR
      • ora_sqlcode: -1722
      • ora_sqlerrm: ORA-01722: invalid number
      • component.type: APEX_APPLICATION_PAGES
      • component.id: 222000000009

John Snyders-Oracle Any ideas? Thanks

Thanks