8 Replies Latest reply on Dec 3, 2018 10:14 AM by fac586

Date and Time in Oracle Apex

Omar Baig

I am using Oracle Apex 18.1 with ORDS 18.1 and with Database 11gR2, I have date field and using this plug-in,

now problem occur when I am going to save record

how can i tackle it, my only requirement is to use time with date.

• 1. Re: Date and Time in Oracle Apex
          fac586

Omar Baig wrote:

I am using Oracle Apex 18.1 with ORDS 18.1 and with Database 11gR2, I have date field and using this plug-in,

What plug-in are you referring to? When posting a question involving a plug-in, always provide a link to the source of the plug-in, and state which version is being used, along with all of the usual supporting information.

Please do not post screenshots in an attempt to describe an issue. Screenshots are not accessible to visually impaired users, cannot be searched, unnecessarily bloat forum post sizes, and do not permit copying and pasting of code or settings in order to reproduce a problem. Moreover—as is the case here—even on very large displays most property sheets extend beyond the dimensions of the viewport so it is impossible for a single screen shot to include all of the component properties. As a result of this, users post cropped/edited images containing what they think is relevant, usually missing out critical details and/or contextual information that is essential in understanding the overall situation. Post code and property settings as text, or share a demonstration of the problem on apex.oracle.com.

now problem occur when I am going to save record

how can i tackle it, my only requirement is to use time with date.

APEX session state is "stringly typed"—all values are stored as character strings. Explicit conversion is therefore required when treating item values as TIMESTAMPs, DATEs or NUMBERs in expressions. In the case of dates, that involves using a format mask equivalent to the format used to stored the string representation. If the item value is stored in session state using the format YYYY-MM-DD, then that format must be used in the conversion.

If the item is using the default format defined in the application's Globalization Attributes, then for enhanced maintainability the APP_NLS_DATE_FORMAT/APP_NLS_TIMESTAMP_FORMAT built-in substitution strings can be used as the format mask instead of a text literal.

to_date(:p22_start_date, :app_nls_date_format)

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Date and Time in Oracle Apex
            Omar Baig

How can I use date with time because set format like

is working but date and time is selecting from keyboard (enter) not from the mouse, on Page 6

Workspace:PAK user/password omar-baig@hotmail.com/Abcdefgh

https://apex.oracle.com/pls/apex/f?p=18804:LOGIN_DESKTOP:100212569738760:::::

• 3. Re: Date and Time in Oracle Apex
              Omar Baig

Any suggestion?

• 4. Re: Date and Time in Oracle Apex
                fac586

Omar Baig wrote:

is working but date and time is selecting from keyboard (enter) not from the mouse, on Page 6

I do not see any problems. Date/time values can be entered using both the keyboard and the GUI controls. Please provide a complete description of the steps required to reproduce the problem (without using unnecessary screenshots).

• 5. Re: Date and Time in Oracle Apex
                  Omar Baig

Yes it is working in a way I select date and then close the calendar, so that the selected date will appear in fIield. I want when I click the date it will appear automatically why I am going to press the close button?

• 6. Re: Date and Time in Oracle Apex
                    fac586

Omar Baig wrote:

Yes it is working in a way I select date and then close the calendar, so that the selected date will appear in fIield. I want when I click the date it will appear automatically why I am going to press the close button?

Because it is defined as a date/time control and the time component cannot be set using one click.

• 7. Re: Date and Time in Oracle Apex
                      Omar Baig

Okay fac586 Thanks, now I want to close this thread, I am confusing while marking which reply is helpful.

• 8. Re: Date and Time in Oracle Apex
                        fac586

Omar Baig wrote:

Okay fac586 Thanks, now I want to close this thread, I am confusing while marking which reply is helpful.

Open the thread from here, not from your Inbox. The relevant controls should then be available.