• 75. Re: Hello, I'm the new product manager for Oracle Database XE
      HE-ISTANBUL

      I hear good news about Linux version. Then when will the Windows version be released? :-) We all are too impatient.

      • 76. Re: Hello, I'm the new product manager for Oracle Database XE
        L. Fernigrini

        The XE site mentions that is coming soon... I would expect it to be a available in a couple of weeks or so....

         

        See this thread too

        XE 18c on windows?

        • 77. Re: Hello, I'm the new product manager for Oracle Database XE
          user13289243

          It has been nearly 2 months since the "General Release"  of Oracle XE 18c. But there is still no sight of release on Windows Platform. Highly disappointed that Oracle chose to NOT release all the platform versions at the same time. Now I am guessing due to Holiday season Windows version will be pushed to Next year.

           

          Probably it will Read: Coming Soon sometime in 2019

          • 78. Re: Hello, I'm the new product manager for Oracle Database XE
            Dave W Green

            it's also disappointing that noone from the oracle xe team has replied to any of the comments

             

            we are delaying upgrading our databases to 18c until the XE version is released, our developers use XE on their desktops, and as we have 12c on our production servers we don't want the development teams version to fall behind production any more than it already is.

            • 79. Re: Hello, I'm the new product manager for Oracle Database XE
              Gaz in Oz

              https://www.oracle.com/technetwork/database/database-technologies/express-edition/downloads/index.html

              <Random number> wrote:

               

              It's also disappointing that noone from the oracle xe team has replied to any of the comments

               

              we are delaying upgrading our databases to 18c until the XE version is released, our developers use XE on their desktops, and as we have 12c on our production servers we don't want the development teams version to fall behind production any more than it already is.

              Use Oracle VM on windows to create an OLinux, Redhat or Centos VM and installl Oracle 18c XE on that.

              • 80. Re: Hello, I'm the new product manager for Oracle Database XE
                Sven W.

                Usually there should be no reason why you want XE on desktops for development.

                 

                Check out the license document: https://www.oracle.com/assets/databaselicensing-070584.pdf ,

                 

                Development Environment:

                Customers may use Oracle Full Use licenses in a development environment. Customers also may download Oracle Database products from the Oracle Technology Network (OTN) at http://otn.oracle.com. In order to download the Oracle Database product from OTN, customers must accept the terms of the OTN License Agreement. Subject to the full terms of the OTN License Agreement, this limited license allows the user to develop applications using the licensed products as long as such applications have not been used for any data processing, business, commercial, or production purposes. Customers may not use Oracle Database, as licensed under the OTN License Agreement, in connection with any classroom activity, internal data processing operations, or any other commercial or production use purposes.

                • 81. Re: Hello, I'm the new product manager for Oracle Database XE
                  Dave W Green

                  we have several development servers which are used for development, but all our developers also have laptops with XE installed so they can develop when not in the office.

                   

                  company policy does not currently allow VMWare or Virtual Box on developer laptops to allow for linux(type) development

                  • 82. Re: Hello, I'm the new product manager for Oracle Database XE
                    Mike Kutz

                    Sven W. wrote:

                     

                    Usually there should be no reason why you want XE on desktops for development.

                     

                    Um ... XE on the desktop for development is a good thing.  Every developer will have his/her own Development Database.

                    And, since 18c XE has "all/most features of EE", the developer can actually develop (on XE) using EE features.

                     

                    Sven W. wrote:


                    Check out the license document: https://www.oracle.com/assets/databaselicensing-070584.pdf ,

                     

                    Development Environment:

                    Customers may use Oracle Full Use licenses in a development environment. Customers also may download Oracle Database products from the Oracle Technology Network (OTN) at http://otn.oracle.com. In order to download the Oracle Database product from OTN, customers must accept the terms of the OTN License Agreement. Subject to the full terms of the OTN License Agreement, this limited license allows the user to develop applications using the licensed products as long as such applications have not been used for any data processing, business, commercial, or production purposes. Customers may not use Oracle Database, as licensed under the OTN License Agreement, in connection with any classroom activity, internal data processing operations, or any other commercial or production use purposes.

                    ALL LICENSING QUESTIONS SHOULD BE FORWARDED TO YOUR LOCAL FRIENDLY ORACLE SALES REP

                     

                    <sarcasm>I assume you are a French Male Model during the day</sarcasm>

                    cultural note: this is in reference to an american cell phone commercial where the lady believes "if it is on the internet, it must be true" including her "blind date's" profile  (he is obviously NOT a french male model.)

                    In short, when it comes to licensing, don't believe everything you see on the internet.

                     

                    Sven W. - as soon as the application hits Production (may be even QA), the application is being "used for any data processing, business, commercial, or production purposes".  As such, as soon as you move the application out of Development, the Development server must be licensed also.

                     

                    ALL LICENSING QUESTIONS SHOULD BE FORWARDED TO YOUR LOCAL FRIENDLY ORACLE SALES REP

                     

                    My $0.02

                     

                    MK

                    • 83. Re: Hello, I'm the new product manager for Oracle Database XE
                      Jason A.

                      desktop dev environments are really good, and should be used properly not avoided.

                      • 84. Re: Hello, I'm the new product manager for Oracle Database XE
                        rober584812

                        I also use Oracle XE for development in my computers and virtual machines, I have deployed applications in desktop environments and LAN networks developed in XE 11g and NetBeans. I am currently developing an application in Apex 18.2 using XE 18c for web deployment with Max Apex Hosting, they use XE 18c over CentOS and provide dedicated and shared database services.

                         

                        Regards

                        • 85. Re: Hello, I'm the new product manager for Oracle Database XE
                          Jason A.

                          I know.  I use them too for a variety of projects

                          1 2 3 4 5 6 上一个 下一个