11 Replies Latest reply on May 9, 2019 5:26 PM by Hilary Farrell-Oracle

19.1, Productivity App "P-Track" -> "Create Project", issue

andreml

Hi APEX team,

19.1, Productivity App "P-Track" -> "Create Project"

The Process (Flow) stucks afer the second step.

Please take a look at this.

2019-04-14 19_04_02-Window.png

Thank you and regards

Andre

Followup:

the same happens when I try to edit a Milestone.It's not possible.

2019-04-14 19_13_17-Window.png

Please note: This is not an generell problem with modal windows, since for other cases these are working.

• 1. Re: 19.1, Productivity App "P-Track" -> "Create Project", issue
          Hilary Farrell-Oracle

Hi Andre,

Using a newly installed P-Track app on apex.oracle.com, currently running APEX 19.1, I'm unable to reproduce either of the issues you've reported hitting.  Could you please check your browser console for any errors being reported?  Are you working with a new install, or an upgraded version of P-Track?  If upgraded, from what version of APEX/P-Track did you upgrade?

Regards,

Hilary

• 2. Re: 19.1, Productivity App "P-Track" -> "Create Project", issue
            Paavo

Could this be because you have previous versions tables (supporting objects) there. I had imported schema with 5.1.x versions tables etc..
            I noticed that P-track 'whined' that it couldn't install supporting objects but still installed itself. I deinstalled the P-track and the supporting objects and then reinstalled P-track with supporting objects and now it seems to work.

btw. I plan to look how the Error handling function is done in this sample app: eba_proj_fw.apex_error_handling - it is already famous

rgrds Paavo

• 3. Re: 19.1, Productivity App "P-Track" -> "Create Project", issue
              andreml

Hi Hilary,

well, I’m finding this strange too…

This is on my home machine:

• Win10 Prof
              • Brand new Installation of 18cXE (and ORDS as stand alone)
              • Brand new installed sample and prod Apps
              • I have tested with FFx64 (latest version)

Wanted to test on my work machine (Win10 Prof too), however have trouble getting 18cXE installed there.

So one comes to the other; to heck with it! - I'll keep on trying…:-)

Thank you and best regards

Andre

• 4. Re: 19.1, Productivity App "P-Track" -> "Create Project", issue
                Hilary Farrell-Oracle

Thanks Andre,

Keep me posted on whether you identify any errors in the browser console, on your home machine.  If others are experiencing the same issue with the P-Track app in APEX 19.1, please do let me know.

Regards,

Hilary

• 5. Re: 19.1, Productivity App "P-Track" -> "Create Project", issue
                  andreml

Hi Hilary,

Just tested the same procedure on apex.oracle.com and it’s working there.

Afterward tested on my local 18cXE again, but no luck, still the same behavior as described above.

Currently I have no alternative Instance (APEX 19.1) where I can test this.

Can someone else please try this in a Win10 Prof, local 18cXE+ORDS (19.1), please?

Thank you in advance and best regards

Andre

• 6. Re: 19.1, Productivity App "P-Track" -> "Create Project", issue
                    andreml

Hi Hilary,

Just want to let you know:

I now have a 19.1 running on “Oracle DB 18.3 Developer VM” that has been upgraded from APEX 18.2 to 19.1.

The app has been installed from the scratch.

In this environment the is no such issue (please see above).

No idea if this could be related to 19XE and/or ORDS 19.1.

Maybe someone others could try to verify this?

Thank you.

Andre

• 7. Re: 19.1, Productivity App "P-Track" -> "Create Project", issue
                      andreml

Hi Hilary,

I’m sorry, I made a mistake.

I have muddled up this with the “Sample Project” – these app is working.

With the “P-Track” however,

I see the same issue on my VM (19.1 running on “Oracle DB 18.3 Developer VM” that has been upgraded from APEX 18.2 to 19.1.)

as in my XE19 (on my private box, please see initial post).

So I’m sorry to say it seems to be a problem indeed.

I also tried to so some other things where modal dialog are in use (Edit and New as well ) and see the same strange behavior there.

However, the edit of the project member (also via modal dialog) is working.

All that is very strange.

Like the Data Reporter I also wanted to make this available for colleagues, however, I don’t want to disappoint them and make them dislike APEX...

Some help is required...

Andre

• 8. Re: 19.1, Productivity App "P-Track" -> "Create Project", issue
                        andreml

Hi Hilary,

since I don't want to bury it, here one more sign of interest... :-)

I’m seeing the issue under all these three constellations:

1.    Local XE18c, APEX 19.1 (FF)

2.    Developer machine 18, from my local browser (FF) into the VM’s APEX

3.    Directly inside the VM from the browser there (FF)

If you want me to try anything else please let me know.

Andre

2019-05-04 17_11_50-Window.png

• 9. Re: 19.1, Productivity App "P-Track" -> "Create Project", issue
                          Hilary Farrell-Oracle

Hi Andre,

Thanks for the number of checks you've carried out, in the various environments.  It's just a little odd - I'm still unable to reproduce the behaviour you've reported seeing - and that's included testing on a VM running 18cDB, and APEX 19.1 (upgraded from 18.2).

I see the red alert in the  Developer Toolbar on your screenshot - did you see such an alert in all your tests?  Can you provide more details on the errors that are reported?  Can you also run the page with the DEBUG parameter set to LEVEL9, and inspect the debug output for that modal dialog page.  What errors are you seeing reported in the debug output?

I don't want to assume anything, so I have to ask - for the ORDS configuration on your instances, did you run a 'validate' after upgrading your instance from APEX 18.2 to 19.1?  Did you also update the images folder?

Regards,

Hilary

• 10. Re: 19.1, Productivity App "P-Track" -> "Create Project", issue
                            andreml

Hi Hilary,

well, running the validate "java -jar ords.war validate --database apex"  solved this issue.

I can understand that regarding the VBox, since there I upgraded from 18.2 to 19.1.

And I can imagine that I forgot to run the validate afterward (although it is mentioned very clearly in the docu... and although I had on-site support from the best DBA I personally know…)

But in my local XE18 I made a 19.1 install from the scratch.
                            And I'm sure that I have not run the validate because of that.
                            So I thought this can't be the cause. Wrong assumption…
                            https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wg4trPZFUwc

OK, lessons learned: *Always* validate ORDS after an APEX-upgrade and even a fresh install.

Andre

• 11. Re: 19.1, Productivity App "P-Track" -> "Create Project", issue
                              Hilary Farrell-Oracle

Hi Andre,

Thanks for confirming that running the ORDS 'validate' command resolved your issue.  After trying multiple times, without success, to reproduce the behaviour you were seeing, I figured you hadn't run that command as part of your install/upgrade. Indeed, as we outline in our Installation Guide, step 4.6.2 Validating the Oracle REST Data Services Installation,

"In a new installation or upgrade of Oracle Application Express, you must validate the Oracle REST Data Services installation."

So if others hit the same issue as you have, they will now know how to resolve it in their environment.

Regards,

Hilary