1 Reply Latest reply on Apr 23, 2019 11:02 PM by fac586

How to retain the current record position in classic report?

Sgodavar-Oracle

I'm using APEX 18.2. I have four regions on a page. The let most region #1 is a classic report, which is a master report with lots of recrords. When the user clicks on any of the records in this regions, the regions #2(chart), region #3(chart), region #4(IR) shows the respective details. This  functionality works now, but the user requirement is retain the master record position which is clicked, without refreshing the entire page. Currently, the entire page is refreshed and the user has to scroll through long list of master records again. is is possible to retain the current record position in the region #1 and do partial refresh of regions #2(chart), region #3(chart), region #4(IR)?. any ideas are appreciated, thanks.

• 1. Re: How to retain the current record position in classic report?
          fac586

Sgodavar-Oracle wrote:

I'm using APEX 18.2. I have four regions on a page. The let most region #1 is a classic report, which is a master report with lots of recrords. When the user clicks on any of the records in this regions, the regions #2(chart), region #3(chart), region #4(IR) shows the respective details. This functionality works now, but the user requirement is retain the master record position which is clicked, without refreshing the entire page. Currently, the entire page is refreshed and the user has to scroll through long list of master records again. is is possible to retain the current record position in the region #1 and do partial refresh of regions #2(chart), region #3(chart), region #4(IR)?. any ideas are appreciated, thanks.

Yes, this is possible as charts and interactive reports are region types with support for partial page refresh (PPR). Instead of submitting the page, clicking on the master report should trigger a dynamic action with Set Value step that sets the value(s) of one or more page items with the relevant parameters. A second dynamic action—triggered by a Change event on the last of these items—contains Refresh actions for the other regions.

Set the Page Items to Submit source properties on the subsidiary regions to include the items containing the parameters from the master region.