This discussion is archived
4 Replies Latest reply: Nov 2, 2006 6:14 AM by 325351 RSS

ilm (assistant) and data attribute

lmarques Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hi,
everythinh I saw from ILM assistant uses a date attribute from the tables we are dealing with..is it possible to use another attribute? For example,I would like to have an attr with value "h" (means move to hitorical) and "o" (meaning "online)...

thanks
  • 1. Re: ilm (assistant) and data attribute
    543302 Newbie
    Hi,

1.0 only supports a single date column as the partitioning key. It operates is two modes: managed and simulated. For managed modes, the table must be partitioned on the single date column using range partitioning. For simulated mode, the ILM Assistant can project range partitioning on an unpartitioned table having a date column.

We have long range goals of supporting non-date keys, so any requirements in this area would be greatly appreciated! :)

Regards,

Greg
  • 2. Re: ilm (assistant) and data attribute
    lmarques Newbie
    Greg,
    what is the official way for a customer to ask for an enhancement ?

lm
  • 3. Re: ilm (assistant) and data attribute
    543302 Newbie
    Hi lm,

For the ILM Assistant, please post the request here in a new thread rather than a reply within this thread. Our product manager, Lilian Hobbs, is monitoring the forum for requirements and requested fixes in order to prepare for future ILM Assistant versions as well as future enhancements to the Oracle rdbms.

Thanks,

Greg
  • 4. Re: ilm (assistant) and data attribute
    325351 Newbie
    I have already setup a thread for enhancements request so you can post it there. I already have this on the list, but always like to add a company name if possible. If you are wililng to share that information please email me directly at lilian.hobbs@oracle.com

Lilian