6 Replies Latest reply on Jul 16, 2019 1:53 PM by Gaurav S.

How to report abuse for users that post and delete immediately?

Gaurav S.

Hello,

I would like to report abuse by a specific user.

I know we would normally report abuse by using the dedicated button on each topic, however that is not possible in this case because this user seems to post a 1 character/word topic and deletes it within seconds.

I know of this because I receive emails for every comment/post in that space.

A couple of emails of this type may seem to be a user error or someone learning how to post in the communities, but this has been observed multiple times with similar posting patterns. (at least 3 times in the past)

I have about 15 emails from 15 topics which I have never found after clicking on the links in the emails.

- 9 posts from today (7/10)

- 6 more from (6/18)

- previous ones deleted from my inbox

This seems like a way that the user is using to raise his reputation level and nothing else

Do I need to contact some admins via PM or do I send an email to someone with all the emails attached to it along with the user details of who posted them?

Thanks

Gaurav

• 1. Re: How to report abuse for users that post and delete immediately?
          Shilpi Chandra -Oracle

Hi Gaurav,

It could be that the user has posted something by mistake and then deleted it.

The other case could be that the user is new to the community and just do not know how to post a thread and hence doing mistakes.

But if your emails indicates similar kind of posts from the same user again and again then you could inform the link of those posts you get in your emails.

The admin team of community could check those and let you know what actually went wrong.

For example- you get a link when you click in the email hyperlink- "View full discussion"

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Shilpi

• 2. Re: How to report abuse for users that post and delete immediately?
            Gaurav S.

Hi Shilpi Chandra -Oracle

Thank you for your reply.

Yes, I already have the user name, links to each of the deleted topics as well as the actual emails.

What I need is the contact person/contact point.

Do I send all the details to an email address?

Do I send it to a admin within the community itself? If yes, then can you provide me a couple of names?

thanks

• 3. Re: How to report abuse for users that post and delete immediately?
              BluShadow

You can raise it in the Community Feedback (No Product Questions) space, where moderators/admin will take a look.

My recommendation though would be that you don't follow spaces themselves, only specific threads as you see them.

Spaces often have a lot of things posted in them, and those things may get moved to other spaces by the moderators/admin, or may be removed due to being spam.

It's not uncommon for spammers to post nonsense posts in order to test what they can get away with and what access they have to things, and such posts will get removed by the admin team, usually resulting in the person's account being terminated also.

If there's a specific user who is doing this, then please do post information about who they are so they can be investigated.  Often it's just a case that they are not familiar with the community platform and keep on making mistakes, so just need educating.

• 4. Re: How to report abuse for users that post and delete immediately?
                Shilpi Chandra -Oracle

Hi Gaurav,

As BluShadow pointed out you could post the post link into Community Feedback (No Product Questions) space. The posts that you are trying to open through the view discussion hyperlink from the email sent. If those posts are important to you then we will look into why were those deleted.

I would request you to refrain from posting usernames.

Also you could unfollow the spaces/subspaces whose products are out of your domain.

You could then also check those spaces/subspaces for any new posts by visiting community.

Getting so many emails and that too with the posts deleted is possible only if you have followed a lot of spaces/subspaces.

Regards,

Shilpi

• 5. Re: How to report abuse for users that post and delete immediately?
                  Gaurav S.

Thank you Shilpi Chandra -Oracle

1. I will post all the link in the Community feedback space as recommended.
                  2. They are not important to me, but came to my notice because same user posted 9 topics one after the other in the same space (Oracle Engagement Cloud - MOSC) and none of the 9 were clickable after 90 seconds of being posted.
                  3. I am only following 1 space Oracle Engagement Cloud - MOSC. I find the emails relevant for learning from others and answering other users questions. I DO NOT follow any other unrelated spaces

Thanks

• 6. Re: How to report abuse for users that post and delete immediately?
                    Gaurav S.

BluShadow

I will post the details there later today.

I follow 1 space only and I find that I can help others by getting all the topics in my inbox and replying quickly where possible. If I cannot help means I get to learn something.

I realize that people learn how to post as well as they try where they can do what.

However the same user in the same subspace and posting genuine questions (some duplicates) for the last 2years, posting junk unknowingly sounds spurious (but I will let the admins decide)

Thanks for the guidance.

Regards,

Gaurav