3 Replies Latest reply on Aug 12, 2019 8:02 AM by fac586

Cascaded LOV auto populates the field from parent

I have 2 LOV.  The first, Vendor the second is Site.  One Vendor can have many Sites.  The Site is cascaded from the Vendor (vendor id is the cascading LOV parent column for Site)

This all works fine.  I pick a vendor, I have an lov to select its sites.  The issue is as soon as a vendor is chosen, site is populated.  This is ok, IF there is only one site.

However, if a vendor has many sites, I pick a vendor and it auto populates the site....how would you know there could be other site options unless you click on the site field exposing the LOV?

This could be confusing and I'd like to know a solution to this? 

• 1. Re: Cascaded LOV auto populates the field from parent
          fac586

3879589 wrote:

Please update your forum profile with a recognisable username instead of "3879589".

Always include the information described in these guidelines when posting a question: how to get answers from forum

I have 2 LOV. The first, Vendor the second is Site. One Vendor can have many Sites. The Site is cascaded from the Vendor (vendor id is the cascading LOV parent column for Site)

This all works fine. I pick a vendor, I have an lov to select its sites. The issue is as soon as a vendor is chosen, site is populated. This is ok, IF there is only one site.

However, if a vendor has many sites, I pick a vendor and it auto populates the site....how would you know there could be other site options unless you click on the site field exposing the LOV?

This could be confusing and I'd like to know a solution to this?

Set the Display Null Value property on the Site item to Yes. You can set the Null Display Value to something that indicates that a selection is required such as "- None -", or leave it blank.

• 2. Re: Cascaded LOV auto populates the field from parent

Odd I had it as " Display Null Value property on the Site item to Yes" and "Null Display Value was blank"  I changed it to -None- and it now comes up as blank, which is good.  I removed the -None- and left it blank and it still comes up blank instead of auto populating.  Either way its working now.

I set my user name to Janning197, but it seems like its not taking.

Also is there a direct link to this APEX forum?  I tried opening another browser  and getting the the APEX area and I can't find it at all

• 3. Re: Cascaded LOV auto populates the field from parent
              fac586

3879589 wrote:

I set my user name to Janning197, but it seems like its not taking.

Also is there a direct link to this APEX forum? I tried opening another browser and getting the the APEX area and I can't find it at all

Bookmark https://community.oracle.com/community/groundbreakers/database/developer-tools/application_express/content in your browser.

You are encouraged to raise any questions about account problems and the usability (or lack thereof) of this site in the Community Feedback (No Product Questions) forum.