3 Replies Latest reply on Oct 24, 2019 7:12 AM by Adam Wickes

OBIEE Install Error

user3897389

I installed OBIEE 12c Configuration Assistant and it finished the B Configuration portion. But I received an Error under BI Startup: "Configure BI Failed with Execution of [/u01/app/Middleware/Oracle_Home/user_projects/domains/bi1/bitools/bin/start.sh] failed with exit value 3"

When, I try to run ./start.sh from the command line I get this:

Caused by: java.sql.SQLRecoverableException: ORA-01034: ORACLE not available

ORA-27102: out of memory

Linux-x86_64 Error: 12: Cannot allocate memory

I am using Red Hat 7 and Oracle 12c. I have re-installed multiple times and keep getting stuck.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

• 1. Re: OBIEE Install Error
          Gianni Ceresa

user3897389 wrote:

ORA-01034: ORACLE not available

ORA-27102: out of memory

You would need to ask in the database forum as those errors aren't OBIEE errors but database errors.

There is a problem with your database, therefore OBIEE can't do the job, but the errors are database errors, so look there.

• 2. Re: OBIEE Install Error
            Charles M

Hi,

Check the database alert log (or, have your DBA/team check). There should be some additional details there.

Regards,

Charles

• 3. Re: OBIEE Install Error
              Adam Wickes

I have almost the same issue as this.

v12.4 install... Failed at the BIStartup section after everything else passed fine.

What did you end up doing? Is it safe to install the windows service manually and move on or are there other things the config wizard does after that step that I should be wary of?
              Trying to work out if I need to start again.