5 Replies Latest reply on Aug 27, 2019 5:52 AM by Renuka16

Multiple segment filter criteria

Hi everyone,

I'm building this segment on my Eloqua instant to do the following, not sure If I did this correctly but this is what I want to achieve:

1.give me the total of contacts who clicked on the email from a specific campaign and subscribed to "General newsletter group"

So, I get 44 contacts just before i drag and drop the "Subscribed to groups" filter and it turns into 0.

Does anyone know where I'm doing this wrong? (Attached) image

Thanks

• 1. Re: Multiple segment filter criteria
          Renuka16

Hi

Your attachment is missing. Please note that the status of the Email group subscription may be as " No Status" when the contact is created.

It will be changed to unsubscribe if the contacts opt out from this email group by using the Email group level unsubscribe option or by using the steps in the Program canvas

The status can be changed to subscribe through program canvas or manually changing the contacts's status from unsubscribe to subscribe

• 2. Re: Multiple segment filter criteria

sc.jpg

Thanks for the reply Renuka16   so, how do i tackle this? do you have a solution?

• 3. Re: Multiple segment filter criteria
              Renuka16

Hi Thanks for the screen shot.

Can you try to use the atleast condition instead of Exactly 1 time opened ( in the first Condition)

Secondly can you confirm whether you want to pull the people not clicked the links from the specific Email. (As you have used NOT in the second condition)

In the third step you have included the condition to get the people who are subscribed to the group only in last 12 months. Instead of this i will suggest you to exclude the people who are unsubscribed from this group.

• 4. Re: Multiple segment filter criteria

Thanks for the reply! Renuka16

Can you try to use the atleast condition instead of Exactly 1 time opened ( in the first Condition) [ Okay thanks I will try that]

Secondly can you confirm whether you want to pull the people not clicked the links from the specific Email. (As you have used NOT in the second condition) [ i want to include a list of people who clicked on that specific link on that email ]

In the third step you have included the condition to get the people who are subscribed to the group only in last 12 months. Instead of this i will suggest you to exclude the people who are unsubscribed from this group. [ okay, but the flow  i created in this segment needs to be only applied to this campaign. if I use exclude then, I'm going to have contacts that are not clicked on this specific campaign/email ]

• 5. Re: Multiple segment filter criteria
                  Renuka16

Hi 3480673,

Thanks for your reply.

i want to include a list of people who clicked on that specific link on that email

1. For the second case , as you wish you include the people who have clicked link from the Email you have to remove the current condition and add correct one. (Right now the condition you have used is people who have clicked the Email NOT within 12 months)

[ okay, but the flow  i created in this segment needs to be only applied to this campaign. if I use exclude then, I'm going to have contacts that are not clicked on this specific campaign/email ]

You have add in the condition for unsubscribed from Email group and then change it to exclude ,these members willn't be part of your segment. As the previous condition you have used pulls the clicked contacts.so the result will also be clicked members only. It won't add unclicked members , it will just exclude the contacts who are unsubcribed from the Email group.

Hope it makes sense