1 2 Previous Next 20 Replies Latest reply on Sep 30, 2019 10:27 PM by EdStevens Go to original post
      • 16. Re: Need help debugging a TNSNAMES issue for Oracle Gateway:
        EdStevens

rjsosi wrote:

Done. I also commented out the 32 bit entries in the tnsnames.ora log and the listener.ora log.

I even deleted the 32 bit DSNs I created and I deleted the 32 bit link I created in Oracle.

Can you see ANY other reason I'm getting the ORA-28545: error?

And what does it mean to comment out lines in a LOG FILE????

And why do you think doing so would have any effect on anything???

It's a log file.  A record of what has already happened.

• 17. Re: Need help debugging a TNSNAMES issue for Oracle Gateway:
          EdStevens

rjsosi wrote:

I've republished all my SQLNET files if you'd like to take a look.

Re: Need Debugging help Oracle to MYSQL local single instance install

the more you spread this question across multiple threads, the more difficult you make it for people to be able to help you.  Or even want to help.

And there is no need to post identical responses to multiple people.  The entire thread is visible to everyone.

• 18. Re: Need help debugging a TNSNAMES issue for Oracle Gateway:
            rjsosi

Also I was able to successfully connect to MYSQL using my 64 bit ODBC MYSQL80w driver via Advanced Query Tool. So I've verified the 64 bit ODBC driver works!

• 19. Re: Need help debugging a TNSNAMES issue for Oracle Gateway:
              rjsosi

Hi Ed,

I'm sorry I was tired when I wrote this. I meant the Listener.ora file and the tnsnames.ora file.

Also sometimes I will post on two threads because basically it gets seen by more people. There were some folks that posted on one thread that didn't post on the initial thread.

Another reason for doing so was the Heterogeneous Forum is a very Niche forum. Not everybody checks it out. However Lots of people check out the DBA forum. So I was just trying to catch some additional help on the DBA Forum simply because it has a much wider Audience base.

I don't do this for all my posts. I just did it for this one because it's such a specific topic.

Also if you notice on the other thread the issue has been resolved.

Thank you for your help anyways.

• 20. Re: Need help debugging a TNSNAMES issue for Oracle Gateway:
                EdStevens

rjsosi wrote:

Hi Ed,

I'm sorry I was tired when I wrote this. I meant the Listener.ora file and the tnsnames.ora file.

Also sometimes I will post on two threads because basically it gets seen by more people. There were some folks that posted on one thread that didn't post on the initial thread.

Another reason for doing so was the Heterogeneous Forum is a very Niche forum. Not everybody checks it out. However Lots of people check out the DBA forum. So I was just trying to catch some additional help on the DBA Forum simply because it has a much wider Audience base.

You may think the HS forum is "niche" with a smaller audience, but is exactly the forum where the questions belong.  And you don't need "more" people seeing your thread, you want the ones with particular expertise or knowledge of the subject matter.  Those people will have the HS forum in their feed.  In fact, if you limit your post to the best-fit forum, you are less likely to get "help" from people who don't know as much as they think they do.

Network etiquette in general, not just the Oracle forums, looks down on cross posting.

1 2 Previous Next