Our client has a important decrease in engagement performance. They have been sending the same creativity to all their database of customers and leads for a while, and now they want to increase the effectiveness of their email marketing campaigns delivering more personalized content and testing new segmentations.
The strategy was to delivery a personalized product based on the customer name’s inicial and work with a specific target of users who visited any product page of this collection or users who engaged with a previous communication. The communication had a personalized subject with customers First Name, a main product that matched the initial and some additional products.
2. Create a segment with users who had visited any url of Alphabet Page Tag + users who had clicked a previous email with Alphabet products.
3. Export data, extract the initial from First Name field.
4. Create a new Contact Field to store the First Name initial. Import and update the data.
5. Create a dynamic content for the main product. One rule per each alphabet letter. Ex: If custom1 field = “A” delivery html content with product A.
6. Create a dynamic content to avoid letter repetition in the additional products table.
7. Prepare the email, campaign, send and check results.
Page tags > B2B: Configure & Calculate ROI and B2B: Relevance & Retention
Dynamic Content > B2B: Engage & Enrich
Results and Lessons Learned
The campaign had a significant increase in engagement rates and conversion rates. But as we used two different variables in one test we couldn't assure if the results came from the segmentation or personalization strategy. As lessons learned we recommend to test each strategy in a separated campaign.