5 Replies Latest reply on Nov 7, 2019 10:34 AM by BluShadow

Moderator approval required - What i can do for this Please

Madhav567

Hi Expert's,

I could see some notification saying moderator required on my first query hence raising the question .Can you let me know how to get the moderator approval.

Thanks,

S

• 1. Re: Moderator approval required - What i can do for this Please
          Raja Ivaturi

Please check if the content is advertantly implying offensive. In one case when I used the short cut SOB in place of Set of Books I faced the similar message.

• 2. Re: Moderator approval required - What i can do for this Please
            Shilpi Chandra -Oracle

Hi Madhav567,

I see you active in total of 4 threads including this one. Nowhere among these threads I see that moderator approvals are required.

If there is any post which is not visible publicly and asking you for moderator approval then please check the content of those posts.

(1) passwords should not be posted in public thread.

(2) please see if any company internal information is posted/attached. ( example server IP, name , network information etc)

(3) please see if any abusive language is used.

(4) And most important see that content is having nothing which causes any kind of harm to anybody or anything written which is not understandable like Raja indicated in above post. The content should follow the community terms and conditions.

If none of above applies then please let me know the link to the thread which needs moderator's approval and I will have a check of it.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Shilpi

• 3. Re: Moderator approval required - What i can do for this Please
              BluShadow

For any new user to the community, their first post is automatically put in a queue to be approved by moderators.  Once that first post is approved the person can post freely on the community without requiring any further approval.  You don't have to do anything to get it approved apart from wait... the moderators are people with their own lived and jobs, but we do get around to approving (or rejecting) posts as soon as we are able (or awake )

This is a measure to help us prevent spammers or inappropriate content from appearing.

1 person found this helpful
              • 4. Re: Moderator approval required - What i can do for this Please
                LinuxVirtTrainTeam-Oracle

For a new user is this also why I can only 'Create a Discussion' but none of the other types of content (documents, blogs,etc)? After moderator approval of first post these options become available under Actions?

Rgds

• 5. Re: Moderator approval required - What i can do for this Please
                  BluShadow

LinuxVirtTrainTeam-Oracle wrote:

For a new user is this also why I can only 'Create a Discussion' but none of the other types of content (documents, blogs,etc)? After moderator approval of first post these options become available under Actions?

Rgds

You can create documents and blogs within your own profile area.

However, regular users cannot create documents and blog posts within most product spaces.

The main reason for preventing most users from doing that is that, historically, some people have seen it as a dumping ground to put all sorts of rubbish documents and posts (and in a lot of cases SPAM or things that try and promote their organisation/company/website).  Some people think their blogs posts are amazing, but really they're poor quality, or copies of documentation etc.  We just don't need that stuff cluttering up the spaces.

The document and blog areas inside product spaces are controlled by the administrators for that space, who are typically Oracle employees.  They can then decide what meets the standard to be published in those spaces, and control the amount of content being published in there.  If you have a document that you believe is good enough to be put in a product space for all users to see, you can contact the administrator for that space (if you can find out who it is) and provide them with the document to publish, so they can review it an choose whether to publish it or not.