6 Replies Latest reply on Nov 28, 2019 3:37 PM by AndrewSayer

Extract,Datapump and Replicat names

Balajidba

Hi,

Can someone please guide me how to know extract name, datapump name and replicat name in a new golden gate database.

Say for example if I am the owner of golden gate database I would be knowing the names of extract,datapump & replicat names.

But how to find the names of processes in a unknown golden gate database.

Regards,

Balaji

• 1. Re: Extract,Datapump and Replicat names
          AndrewSayer

Balajidba wrote:

Hi,

Can someone please guide me how to know extract name, datapump name and replicat name in a new golden gate database.

Say for example if I am the owner of golden gate database I would be knowing the names of extract,datapump & replicat names.

But how to find the names of processes in a unknown golden gate database.

Regards,

Balaji

Answer hasn’t changed since you asked the same question earlier this month Names of components unknow in Golden gate 

• 2. Re: Extract,Datapump and Replicat names
            Balajidba

Hi Andrew,

Answer hasn’t changed since you asked the same question earlier this month

I was searching for this thread  but I couldn't find it. So I opened another thread with same question.

Thanks for letting me know.

• 3. Re: Extract,Datapump and Replicat names
              Balajidba

Hi ,

Could you please guide me how to find the location of OGG_HOME in Oracle golden gate server.

Could you please confirm the below steps are correct.

1) Login to server and type.

2) cd $OGG_HOME

3) $pwd

pwd command will display the directory where golden gate software is installed. This is what called as Oracle golden gate home directory.

Could you please confirm?

Regards,

Balaji

• 4. Re: Extract,Datapump and Replicat names
                AndrewSayer

Balajidba wrote:

Hi ,

Could you please guide me how to find the location of OGG_HOME in Oracle golden gate server.

Could you please confirm the below steps are correct.

1) Login to server and type.

2) cd $OGG_HOME

3) $pwd

pwd command will display the directory where golden gate software is installed. This is what called as Oracle golden gate home directory.

Could you please confirm?

Regards,

Balaji

That's relying on there being one Goldengate home and it being recorded in the OGG_HOME environment variable.

Why wouldn't you just echo $OGG_HOME, rather than changing directory to it then asking where you currently are?

If you just want to know where OGG_HOME points to then you could do that, but if you want to know where all your Oracle Goldengate homes are then you should look in your oraInventory inventory.xml

• 5. Re: Extract,Datapump and Replicat names
                  Balajidba

Andrew,

echo $OGG_HOME

This is what I have been looking for. Thanks for your command. But I am sure my steps would also work in finding Oracle golden gate home directory.

Regards,

Balaji

• 6. Re: Extract,Datapump and Replicat names
                    AndrewSayer

Balajidba wrote:

Andrew,

echo $OGG_HOME

This is what I have been looking for. Thanks for your command. But I am sure my steps would also work in finding Oracle golden gate home directory.

Regards,

Balaji

You really need to take a basic primer in unix commands. If you are just copying and pasting everything without thinking about what’s going on then you need to step back and realise that you’ve missed some basic lessons.