1 2 3 Previous Next 35 Replies Latest reply on Jan 22, 2020 1:33 PM by dsscott Go to original post
      • 30. Re: Forms Feature Requests
        Frank Hoffmann

Richard,

for this purpose I can recommend an excellent tool that not only allows comparision between old and new (inclusive properties) but also allows to merge changes. Forms Api Master

Here a short example .. comparison between webutil 12.2.1.3 and webutil 12.2.1.4.

A doubleclick would show the differences for one procedure in Detail.

Frank

• 31. Re: Forms Feature Requests
          Michael Ferrante-Oracle

Richard, it sounds like what you really need/want is a version control system.  Oracle's Developer Cloud Service might be what you need.  If you control the XML version of your forms you can use the DCS tools to manage various versions and changes.  Diffs and even code changes are possible if you use XML.  I demo'd using DCS for Forms modules in 2018.  I created a paper showing how we did it, but that was in 2018.  Since 2018 the DCS UI has changed a bit so the screenshots aren't exactly the same as what you might see today.  Also, DCS currently only has Forms 12.2.1.3.  We are working on a 12.2.1.4 software bundle for DCS and we are hoping to publish it soon.

https://www.oracle.com/technetwork/developer-tools/forms/documentation/oracleforms-in-dcs-5216022.pdf

• 32. Re: Forms Feature Requests
            Richard Harrison

All

As my searches haven't found anything, I presume it is not currently possible to do the following at runtime in a POST-QUERY trigger on a block: -

if :=BLOCK1.STATUS = 1 then

SET_ITEM_INSTANCE_PROPERTY('BLOCK1.PUSH_BUTTON1',CURRENT_RECORD, PROMPT_TEXT, 'ON');

else

SET_ITEM_INSTANCE_PROPERTY('BLOCK1.PUSH_BUTTON1',CURRENT_RECORD, PROMPT_TEXT, 'OFF');

end if;

this is attempting to set button text per record based upon a value in the database.

If this is not currently possible, then this would also be on my "wish" list for a future release

Regards

Richard

• 33. Re: Forms Feature Requests
              dsscott

I'd like to see more built in functions within Forms or at least some Forms specific packages in the database that can be called. Also, less reliance on Java since none of my developers have any experience with Java.

• 34. Re: Forms Feature Requests
                Michael Ferrante-Oracle

dsscott wrote:

I'd like to see more built in functions within Forms or at least some Forms specific packages in the database that can be called. Also, less reliance on Java since none of my developers have any experience with Java.

Can you be more specific?  Exactly what would you like these built-ins to accomplish (specifically)?  Keep in mind that you an already call many of the packages that exist in the db.  Although you do have to be careful about version matching.  In other words, if you are using Forms 12.2.1.4 but are connecting to a 19.3 db you may (in some cases) be limited to the functionality that exists in 12.1.  This is because Forms 12.2.1.4 is based on db 12.1 and 12.1 PL/SQL. 

Regarding Java, the only reason you would need to have any Java skills is if you wanted to extend Forms using Java. In fact, if what you want to extend has nothing to do with the UI, you don't have to use Java.  You could use C (server or client).  You could use JavaScript (client).  You can even call out the OS or other applications or libraries that are on the machine (client or server).

• 35. Re: Forms Feature Requests
                  dsscott

My reference to database packages was mainly in case it would be easier to add features to Forms such as BLOB support thru a package rather than internal to Forms.

1 2 3 Previous Next