1 2 Previous Next 17 Replies Latest reply on Jan 14, 2020 5:14 PM by Gaz in Oz Go to original post
      • 15. Re: Using environment variables in sqlcl
        Gaz in Oz
        Yep, I can confirm the same behaviour over here. Even the pre-existing system variables like %SystemRoot%, %SystemDrive% and %windir% are affected. I wonder whether there is a JAVA option for this since sqlcl is java-based

No need spending  time "wondering", just use uppercase declared windows OS variables. That resolves the issue.

• 16. Re: Using environment variables in sqlcl
          John Li Yim [VND]

It is an acceptable workaround if we are writing new codes but my initial objective was to evaluate whether sqlplus can be replaced by sqlcl to run our existing codes with minimal impact. Given that we have quite a large number of scripts and various teams writing them, I would say the sqlcl still has some way to go before we can use it instead of sqlplus.

Anyway, many thanks for you help in identifying the issue ... much appreciated.

John

• 17. Re: Using environment variables in sqlcl
            Gaz in Oz
            Anyway, many thanks for you help in identifying the issue ... much appreciated.

You are most welcome.

It is an acceptable workaround if we are writing new codes but my initial objective was to evaluate whether sqlplus can be replaced by sqlcl to run our existing codes with minimal impact. Given that we have quite a large number of scripts and various teams writing them, I would say the sqlcl still has some way to go before we can use it instead of sqlplus.

Indeed... the phrase "use the right tool for the job" applies here I believe. sqlcl is a feature rich tool that does most of what sqlplus does plus extra stuff. I would never replace sqlplus with sqlcl myself however.

1 2 Previous Next