I think there was a bug in this version which will jump to "user.home" directory if the file_name is not filled. Try "*.xls" or a single character like a space.
I'm in the process of configuring a new Windows 10 PC with Oracle Fusion Middleware 12c (with new version of Oracle Forms) and newest version of JAVA.
I will test it when everything is set up!
Thanks for all you reponses!
In order to ensure the installation process goes well, be sure to take a look at these documents before starting:
Tips (mentioned in docs above):
The installation process:
1. Download and install the latest Java 8 JDK (64bit)
2. Download and install WLS Infrastructure 22.214.171.124 (do not configure)
3. Download and install Forms and Reports 126.96.36.199 (do not configure)
4. Run Repository Creation Utility (RCU) and select the needed schemas or select All (see "Forms and Reports Installation Guide")
5. Run WLS Configuration Wizard to create the WLS Domain
6. Start the servers (in order) from an elevated shell. Node Manager then Admin Server. The managed servers (e.g. WLS_FORMS) can be started from with Fusion Middleware Control (FMC) once the Admin Server has been started. Until the servers have been successfully started you cannot and should not attempt to make any configuration changes. (refer to the Installation Guide)
More information about Oracle Forms, to include documentation, downloads, announcements, and much more can be found on the Forms product page on Oracle.com