1 2 3 4 Previous Next 47 Replies Latest reply on May 7, 2020 11:11 AM by Dude! Go to original post
      • 15. Re: Cannot Edit
        Dude!

One good news though. I have another system, where I experienced the very same issue, and where I did not clear the cache, etc. yet, but as of today, editing is working again. So perhaps the problem has been fixed.

• 16. Re: Cannot Edit
          Dude!

No more problems for the last couple of days, so whatever the cause appears have been fixed, for now.

• 17. Re: Cannot Edit
            Jim Finch-Oracle

Please let me know if it happens again. We've done nothing on the backend, so hopefully Jive's just moved on to a new glitch.

Best,

Jim

System Admin

• 18. Re: Cannot Edit
              Dude!

I believe you. Computers for the most part try to work the same, but then again try to find 2 computers that work exactly the same.

• 19. Re: Cannot Edit
                Dude!

Here we are again. I cannot edit any posts or documents anymore. Interestingly, I just logged in using my other computer where it still works, but it is likely just a matter of time. Let's see if the problem is contagious.

Update: I cleared the cache and quit the browser, now editing is possible again.

I also get the red message that I was no longer logged in, or due to an error.., which I think is about "auto-save". Could there be some problem with the space associated with the auto-save information? There could be a lot of information since it doesn't clean up by itself, or so it seems.

• 20. Re: Cannot Edit
                  Dude!

I can no longer edit my posts or documents. Deleting the Cache, Cookies, or switching to another computer, which previously worked, no longer works now.

Trying desperately to see if there's anything I can do to correct the issue, it just reached my mind to temporarily disable Ghostery and "Little Snitch" network filtering. This apparently helped and I can now edit again, even after re-enabling the software. I wonder, what evil cookies, network connections or trackers are required for editing?

• 21. Re: Cannot Edit
                    Paulzip

I have had this issue for several days,  Chrome 80.0.3987.149 (Official Build) (64-bit).  I've cleared cache and cookies, nothing sorts this!  Grrrr, it's driving me nuts.

Firefox works, but Chrome is my default browser.

• 22. Re: Cannot Edit
                      mathguy

For me, right now (since this morning, 24 March, U.S. West Coast), it’s not working on Firefox on top of Linux, and also on Safari on my iPad. This happens often - I just gave up on reporting. It will get fixed at some point. Telling us to clear the browser cache is wrong; the issue shouldn’t arise in the first place.

I may be wrong and unfair, but it seems to me that the coding and maintenance of these fora is pretty inept. I haven’t had such issues on any other discussion boards, and I participate (and have in the past) in many, in several different fields, not just computing. A few with many more participants and posts than here.

But for the quality of posters and discussions here, I would have given up on OTN long ago, just for this reason.

• 23. Re: Cannot Edit
                        L. Fernigrini

Works ok for me, Chrome on Windows 10 Enterprise.

• 24. Re: Cannot Edit
                          Dude!

The same issue has returned. This time, however, I'm unable to correct the problem, and what seemed to have fixed the issue previously, no longer does.

• 25. Re: Cannot Edit
                            mathguy

You are not seeing things. I am also unable to edit (actually the Actions link goes into a black hole). Very annoying.

• 26. Re: Cannot Edit
                              Timo Hahn

I'm seeing this too on Chrome (81) and FF (74). Pinning Jim Finch-Oracle again.

Timo

• 27. Re: Cannot Edit
                                Jim Finch-Oracle

Yup and I'll report it again.

Best,

Jim

• 28. Re: Cannot Edit
                                  mathguy

Jim Finch-Oracle wrote:

Yup and I'll report it again.

Best,

Jim

It seems to have been corrected this morning (~8 AM PDT)

• 29. Re: Cannot Edit
                                    Paulzip

mathguy wrote:

It seems to have been corrected this morning (~8 AM PDT)

It seems a coincidence that this problem is recurring for days for many of us, then suddenly it fixes itself - often after one of the Oracle employees is notified.

I could be wrong, but that suggests to me there's some issue in the forum code base (server side), and they have to do something to reset it.