1 Reply Latest reply on Apr 23, 2020 9:54 PM by jaramill

About next step

EliMac

Hello everyone,

I have taken 1Z0-047 exam back in the time and passed it on my first try. Now I am thinking to get back to it and study for the next step. Since it’s been a long time I’m not sure what is the right step after it. It would be a big help if someone would be at to guide/advice me.

• 1. Re: About next step
          jaramill

Next step for what?  You have to be more specific.  The Oracle exam you took (Oracle SQL Expert) has been retired but your certification has not.  Therefore it is still eligible for requirements for other things.

So my question is, are you taking the DBA track or Developer track?

I'm a Developer so the next exam you'd take (and it does offer a certification) is the exam 1Z0-144 (Oracle 11g Program w/PL/SQL).  At the time it was 11g.  This leads to the OCA (Oracle Certified Associate - PL/SQL Developer).

Here's my review of the exam from a few years ago: --> Exam 1Z0-144 (11g Program with PL/SQL) - My Review

Then you would take the exam 1Z0-146 Oracle Advanced PL/SQL which will give you the OCP (Oracle Certified Professional - Advanced PL/SQL Developer).