1 2 Previous Next 28 Replies Latest reply on Aug 15, 2007 6:44 AM by Hussein Sawwan-Oracle

Installation of 11.5.10 on Linux (Suse or Redhat)

Has any one had succes of installing 11.5.10 on Suse or redhat? Does anyone know where i could find the installation/upgrade document?

Kind regards,

Dwayne
        • 1. Re: Installation of 11.5.10 on Linux (Suse 10.1)
          NoLongerActive
          Hi,

Has anyone got anything that can help?

I'm trying to install 11.5.10.2 on Suse 10.1 and am having problems.

Firstly, I hadn't installed gcc or ksh, so I've just done that.

Now I get an error message saying:

Checking for ksh...     
          Unable to find PD KSH version.
          Unable to locate all utilities with system path.

I've since downloaded (what I thought was) PD KSH and ran ./configure but it doesn't seem to be picking it up.

"which ksh" gives:
          /usr/local/bin/ksh

which seems to imply that it's now looking at the PD KSH I installed.

If I ignore the error and continue with the installation, it just hangs forever on Step 1 of 5:

Command /oracle/vision/visiondb/9.2.0/temp/VISION_mymah=chine/adrun9i.sh
          Executing Command: InstantiateFile -d instconf.drv

There is nothing in the log files to show what it's meant to be doing.

Any ideas?

TIA,

Matt
          --
          WorkflowFAQ.com - the ONLY independent resource for Oracle Workflow development

Alpha review chapters from my book "Developing With Oracle Workflow" are available via my website http://www.workflowfaq.com
          Have you read the blog at http://thoughts.workflowfaq.com ?
          WorkflowFAQ support forum: http://forum.workflowfaq.com
          • 2. Re: Installation of 11.5.10 on Linux (Suse 10.1)
            Hi,

You can export O.S executables in PATH and rerun the profile.

It should resolve your issue.

regards,
            phani.k
            • 3. Re: Installation of 11.5.10 on Linux (Suse 10.1)
              NoLongerActive
              Hi,

Thanks - it's moved on a little bit. Now I get:

afmkinit.sh exiting with status 127

.end std out.
              cp: error while loading shared libraries: libc.so.6: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
              touch: error while loading shared libraries: librt.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

.end err out.

Skipping INSTE8_PRF
              Skipping INSTE8_APPLY

[AutoConfig Error Report]
              The following report lists errors AutoConfig encountered during each
              phase of its execution. Errors are grouped by directory and phase.
              The report format is:
              <filename> <phase> <return code where appropriate>

[SETUP PHASE]
              AutoConfig could not successfully execute the following scripts:
              Directory: /oracle/vision/visiondb/9.2.0/appsutil/install/VISION_linux-acer
              afmkinit.sh INSTE8_SETUP 127

AutoConfig is exiting with status 1

Any ideas / instructions out there?

TIA,

Matt
              • 4. Re: Installation of 11.5.10 on Linux (Suse or Redhat)
                For Redhat Linux you can try this

http://appsdbablog.com/blog/2006/09/installing_oracle_applications.html

Sam
                http://www.appsdbablog.com
                • 5. Re: Installation of 11.5.10 on Linux (Suse or Redhat)
                  Hello Dwayne,

As far as I know, OEBS 11.5.10.2 is not yet certified on SuSE 10.1. I understand this may be due to the kernel and parameters, but it has been certified for SuSE 9 ( any of the releases) and I have added a link to my thread for the installation steps posted on here as written by Michael B in the cool notes section of the SUSE websites.

Find below for your convenience the link to my thread, which in-turn has a link to Michael's link on the SUSE website:

Oracle EBS 11.5.10.2 Installation Steps

Good Luck
                  • 6. Re: Installation of 11.5.10 on Linux (Suse or Redhat)
                    NoLongerActive
                    Hi,

Thanks. I can't get SUSE 8 or 9 to work properly with my laptop (fails to recognize the network card, sound card or graphics card correctly!), which is why I move to SUSE 10, which works fine.

Redhat seems to cost money - I thought the whole thing about Linux was that it was free!! If I wanted to pay for an OS, I'd be running Oracle on Windows...

So it looks like either wait until 11.5.10 is supported on SUSE10, get a different laptop which can run SUSE9, or try Asianux which appears to be free. Or give up on the whole idea.

Not much of a choice really - back to pondering about where to go from here...

Matt
                    --

Alpha review chapters from my book "Developing With Oracle Workflow" are available via my website http://www.workflowfaq.com
                    • 7. Re: Installation of 11.5.10 on Linux (Suse or Redhat)
                      Hey Mark,

Look on the brighter side !

Try Ubuntu....I hear it works well.

Regards
                      • 8. Re: Installation of 11.5.10 on Linux (Suse or Redhat)
                        NoLongerActive
                        Hi,

I'm going to have another go with SUSE 10 - someone I work with has got 11.5.10.2 running on SUSE 10 on an Apple Mac, so I should be able to get it going eventually...

Matt

--

• 9. Re: Installation of 11.5.10 on Linux (Suse or Redhat)
                          I wish you all the best Mark.

Would your laptop be an ACER ? From the log you posted, it looks like it is, and may be related to laptop/OS issues.

Regards
                          • 10. Re: Installation of 11.5.10 on Linux (Suse or Redhat)
                            Plus make sure you check the steps I listed on my thread.

Also make sure you have installed the entire development kit, when installing SUSE. It may be some library files not available.

e.g I had to install openmotif of a higher version to get the forms server working... I do not have any documentation for the relevant library files, but I assume installing the entire development kit should do the magic.

All the very best
                            • 11. Re: Installation of 11.5.10 on Linux (Suse or Redhat)
                              NoLongerActive
                              It is an Acer, but everything else works OK - installing SUSE 10 was the easiest installation I can remember!

Matt
                              • 12. Re: Installation of 11.5.10 on Linux (Suse or Redhat)
                                mdtaylor
                                Do you have this working already? I have documentation for installing and maintaining 11.5.10.2 on Suse 10.1. It is working great on my Thinkpad with 10.2.0.2 database, developer patchset 18, ATG.H RUP 4, latest FIN, HR, ASCP family and rollup patches.
                                • 13. Re: Installation of 11.5.10 on Linux (Suse or Redhat)
                                  Fadi Hasweh
                                  can you please share this docuamtation with us.

fadi
                                  http://oracle-magic.blogspot.com
                                  • 14. Re: Installation of 11.5.10 on Linux (Suse or Redhat)
                                    mdtaylor
                                    The following guides provide a basic outline of what you would need to do.

The simple web alias for the Novell Oracle documentation is www.suse.com/oracle, then click on Documentation.

http://ftp.novell.com/partners/oracle/docs/10gR2_SL10_introduction.pdf

http://ftp.novell.com/partners/oracle/docs/10gR2_openSUSE102_introduction.pdf

Install Suse Linux 10.1 with at least the following groups:

Graphical Base System
                                    KDE Desktop Environment
                                    C/C++ Compiler and Tools

Under partitioning, ensure you have 2GB minimum for swap. I have 2GB physical and 2GB swap, and swap is usually near 1GB with all services running. I recommend starting with 4 or 6 GB of swap (2x-3x physical ram).

I used to prefer running 11i on reiserFS due to superior write speeds and better storage allocation of the 700,000 small 11i files. ReiserFS is now in maintenance mode from both Oracle and Novell standpoints, so if you are starting out with a fresh install, choose ext3 with the data=writeback mount option.

If the following packages are not on your media, download from http://download.opensuse.org/distribution/SL-10.1

compat-2006.1.25-9.i586.rpm --needed for relinking
                                    compat-expat1-1.95.8-6.i586.rpm               --needed for relinking
                                    compat-gdbm-1.8.0-7.i586.rpm               --Provides missing libgdbm.so.2
                                    db1-1.85-99.i586.rpm                    --Provides missing libdb.so.2
                                    dovecot-1.0.beta3-13.i586.rpm               --Non SSL IMAP 4 server for processing Workflow notifications
                                    gcc_old-2.95.3-175.2.i586.rpm               --Provides compilation of 11i c code
                                    gkrellm-2.2.7-14.i586.rpm               --Useful light weight system monitoring tool
                                    libaio-0.3.104-12.i586.rpm               --required for asynch I/O database operation
                                    libaio-devel-0.3.104-12.i586.rpm          --required for asynch I/O database operation
                                    openmotif21-libs-2.1.30MLI4-143.i586.rpm     --Needed to open Developer 6i forms on Linux
                                    orarun-1.8-109.16.i586.rpm               --configures required kernel parameters
                                    pdksh-5.2.14-801.i586.rpm               --required by rapid install
                                    xorg-x11-Xvfb-6.9.0-48.i586.rpm               --Needed for dynamic gif generation

as root:

cd /usr/lib
                                    ln -s libdb.so.2 libdb.so.3

During the installation, I deselect java 1.4.2 and select java 1.5.0, which delivers the following packages

java-1_5_0-sun-1.5.0_06-17.i586.rpm
                                    java-1_5_0-sun-jdbc-1.5.0_06-17.i586.rpm
                                    java-1_5_0-sun-plugin-1.5.0_06-17.i586.rpm

create an /etc/init.d/xvfbserver replacing host.domain with your actual values.

#!/bin/sh
                                    ### BEGIN INIT INFO
                                    # Provides: xvfb
                                    # Required-Start: $network $syslog $remote_fs
                                    # Should-Start: $time ypbind sendmail
                                    # Required-Stop: $network $syslog $remote_fs
                                    # Should-Stop: $time ypbind sendmail
                                    # Default-Start: 3 5
                                    # Default-Stop: 0 1 2 6
                                    # Short-Description: xvfb daemon providing virtual framebuffer support
                                    # Description: Start the xvfb service on host.domain:50
                                    ### END INIT INFO
                                    nohup /usr/bin/X11/Xvfb :50 -screen 0 1024x800x8 -pn -fp /usr/lib/X11/fonts/misc
                                    -sp /etc/X11/xserver/SecurityPolicy &
                                    export DISPLAY=host.domain:50.0
                                    /usr/X11R6/bin/xhost +
                                    nohup /usr/bin/X11/mwm &

One xvfbserver is saved, type insserv xvfbserver in /etc/init.d as root.

xvfb allows dynamic gifs to be generated correctly, mwm allows bitmapped reports to run with error from the concurrent managers.

If you want to test Workflow notifications, edit /etc/dovecot/dovecot.conf and set:

disable_plaintext_auth = no

SSL enabled IMAP for 11i was only enabled after ATG.H RUP 3, and not really required small training environments.

Toolkit for Oracle is compiled for Suse 10.1 on http://packman.unixheads.com/suse/10.1:
                                    tora-1.3.21-0.pm.2.i586.rpm. Otherwise, you can download an rpm of Freely Available SQL GUI tool SQL Developer from technet.oracle.com.

Run Online Update for all updateable packages. This will bring the Sun Java plugin up to 1.5.0_07.

http://ftp.novell.com/partners/oracle/sles-10/orarun-1.9-26.i586.rpm

rpm -Uhv --nodeps orarun-1.9-26.i586.rpm

Run “/usr/sbin/rcoracle start“ to set kernel parameters.

1) Setup the environment as you would for running Applications on RH 4 or SLES9

I.E. follow Oracle Applications Installation Update Notes, Release 11i (11.5.10.2)
                                    http://metalink.oracle.com/metalink/plsql/ml2_documents.showDocument?p_database_id=NOT&p_id=316806.1

2) Remove any LD_ASSUME_KERNEL references in O/S /etc/profile.d files

3) Comment out LD_ASSUME_KERNEL entries in $ORACLE_HOME/appsutil/bin/adgetlnxver.sh and $AD_TOP/bin/adgetlnxver.sh

if [ ${setflag}x = "x" -a $os = "Suse" ]; then
                                    # LD_ASSUME_KERNEL="2.4.21"
                                    # export LD_ASSUME_KERNEL
                                    os="Suse"
                                    fi
                                    if [ ${setflag}x = "x" -a $os = "RH" ]; then
                                    # LD_ASSUME_KERNEL="2.4.19"
                                    # export LD_ASSUME_KERNEL
                                    os = "RH"
                                    fi

If doing a rapid install, the database startup will fail and rapidwiz will prompt to ignore or retry. At this point, edit $ORACLE_HOME/appsutil/bin/adgetlnxver.sh as shown above and click on retry. It will then run to the autoconfig step at the end and error out. Just hit cancel, edit $AD_TOP/bin/adgetlnxver.sh as shown above.

At this point, go to $APPL_TOP/admin, and in sid_host.xml,

replace

<sun_plugin_ver oa_var="s_sun_plugin_ver">1.4.2_04</sun_plugin_ver>

with

<sun_plugin_ver oa_var="s_sun_plugin_ver">1.5.0_07</sun_plugin_ver>

Then run autoconfig.

Register the Sun Java Plugin with Firefox by creating a soft link in /usr/lib/browser-plugins:

# cd /usr/lib/browser-plugins
                                    # ln -s /usr/lib/jvm/java-1.5.0-sun-1.5.0_07/jre/plugin/i386/ns7/libjavaplugin_oji.so

This will allow you to open 11i forms that require Jinitiator in Windows via the Sun Java Plugin in either Firefox or SeaMonkey (the Mozilla replacement) on your Suse 10.1 machine.

4) In order to relink cplex library executables (MSC, MSO, MSR, MST, WIP, etc), edit $AD_TOP/bin/adrelinknew.sh and add the following LD option (-Wl,--noinhibit-exec) in the LINUX section:

LINUX)
                                    LDFLAGS='-s -L$(ORACLE_HOME)/lib -L$(ORACLE_HOME)/lib/stubs -ldl'
                                    DEBUG_LDFLAGS='-g -L$(ORACLE_HOME)/lib -L$(ORACLE_HOME)/lib/stubs -ldl'
                                    exe_line='ELF .*executable'
                                    SHRLIB_LD='gcc'
                                    LD='gcc'
                                    SHRLIB_LDFLAGS='-L$(ORACLE_HOME)/lib -L$(ORACLE_HOME)/lib/stubs -shared'
                                    if test -f "/etc/redhat-release"; then
                                    CPP_LIBS='/usr/lib/libstdc++-2-libc6.1-1-2.9.0.so'
                                    elif test -f "/etc/SuSE-release"; then
                                    CPP_LIBS='/usr/lib/libstdc++.so.2.9'
                                    else
                                    CPP_LIBS=''
                                    fi
                                    CPP='g++'
                                    CPP_LDFLAGS='-s -L$(ORACLE_HOME)/lib -L$(ORACLE_HOME)/lib/stubs

set CPP_LDFLAGS='-s -L$(ORACLE_HOME)/lib -L$(ORACLE_HOME)/lib/stubs

to CPP_LDFLAGS='-s -L$(ORACLE_HOME)/lib -L$(ORACLE_HOME)/lib/stubs -Wl,--noinhibit-exec'

After this change, you can apply any MRP, ASCP patch and all executables will relink correctly. You can also use adadmin to relink all executables and it completes without error.

5) For Discoverer 4.1.48.08, Follow Metalink Note 280598.1 Discoverer 4i On Linux: Required Patch and Configuration for Discoverer Server Stability to use JDK 1.3.1 and oadj. I updated the autoconfig template files with this change after applying 3895177. Discoverer viewer and plus standard BIS reports all open correctly on SLES-10/Suse 10.1

6) If you want to apply Developer 6i Patchset 17 or 18 to your 11i system, edit $ORACLE_HOME/forms60/lib/cus_forms60w.mk and ins_forms60w.mk and remove the -Bstatic

BUILD_FORMS_SO_FILE=$(SOSD_FORMS_LDSHARED_SO) \
                                         context.o create.o destroy.o formsapi.o iauasst.o iauexcep.o \
                                         ifjapi.o objlib.o persistc.o \
                                         $(LIBJAPI) \
                                         $(JAPI_PLSQL) \
                                         $(FDESGEN_BUILT_INS) \
                                         sslidtab.o \
                                         $(LLIBD2F) \
                                         $(LLIBIE) $(LLIBIL) $(LLIBIE) $(LLIBIG) $(LLIBIF_IFG) $(LLIBIG) \
                                         $(LLIBIM_IMG) $(LLIBIW_IWG) $(LLIBID_IDD) $(LLIBID_IDL) $(LLIBID_IDG) \
                                         $(LLIBID_ID2) $(LLIBID_IDG) $(LLIBID_ID1) $(LLIBIG_IGO) $(LLIBIT_ITG) \
                                         $(LLIBIHM) $(LLIBIB) $(LLIBIM_IMG) $(LLIBIP_IPG) $(LLIBIC_ICG) $(LLIBIP_IPC) \
                                         $(LLIBIM_IMC) $(LLIBIF_IFC) $(LLIBIJ_IJC) $(LLIBIW_IWC) $(LLIBIPLSD) \
                                         $(LLIBIO_IOD) $(LLIBIO_IOC) $(LLIBIC) $(LLIBSOSD) $(LLIBII_IIC) $(LLIBIT) \
                                         $(LLIBIC) $(LLIBIP_IPC) \
                                         $(DEPLIBSM) \
                                         -Bdynamic $(LLIBTHREAD) -lnsl -ldl -lm -lc

due to:

ar x $ORACLE_HOME/lib/libifjapi60.a context.o create.o destroy.o formsapi.o \
                                         iauasst.o iauexcep.o ifjapi.o objlib.o persistc.o
                                    /usr/bin/ld -o $ORACLE_HOME/lib/libifjapi60.so -z muldefs -G -L$ORACLE_HOME/lib/ context.o create.o destroy.o formsapi.o iauasst.o iauexcep.o ifjapi.o objlib.o persistc.o $ORACLE_HOME/lib/libifjapi60.a $ORACLE_HOME/forms60/lib/ipcpcr.o $ORACLE_HOME/forms60/lib/ipdecr.o $ORACLE_HOME/forms60/lib/ipkbu.o sslidtab.o -ld2f -lie -lil -lie -lig -lifg -lig -limg -liwg -lidd -lidl -lidg -lid2 -lidg -lid1 -ligo -litg -lihm -lib1 -limg -lipg -licg -lipc -limc -lifc -liwc -liplsd -liod -lioc -lic -lsosd -liic -lit -lic -lipc -lnn60 -lobx60 -lzrc60 -lge60 -lvgs60 -lde60 -lucol60 -lca60 -lnvu60 -lnvc60 -lnvs60 -luicc60 -lmma60 -lmmiw60 -lmmov60 -lmma60 -lmmos60 -lmmoi60 -lmmia60 -lmmft60 -lmmcm60 -luihx60 -luc60 -luipr60 -luimotif60 -lot60 -lrem60 -lree60 -lrec60 -luiimg60 -luimotif60 -luipr60 -luiimg60 -luc60 -lrem60 -luimotif60 -luia60 -ltknqap60 -luipr60 -luimotif60 -lutt60 -lix60 -lixd60 -lrod60 -lror60 -lros60 -lrod60 -lror60 -lros60 -lrod60 -luat60 -lutc60 -lutl60 -lutsl60 -lplsf -lplsb -lextp -lpsd -lplsf -lplsb -lextp -lslax -lsql $ORACLE_HOME/lib/nautab.o $ORACLE_HOME/lib/naeet.o $ORACLE_HOME/lib/naect.o $ORACLE_HOME/lib/naedhs.o -lnetv2 -lnttcp -lnetwork_d -lnz -lnzr -lnsslb8 -lbcert -lncr -lnetv2 -lnttcp -lnetwork_d -lnz -lnzr -lnsslb8 -lbcert -lclient -lvsn -lcommon -lgeneric -lmm -lnlsrtl3 -lcore4 -lnlsrtl3 -lcore4 -lnlsrtl3 -lnetv2 -lnttcp -lnetwork_d -lnz -lnzr -lnsslb8 -lbcert -lncr -lnetv2 -lnttcp -lnetwork_d -lnz -lnzr -lnsslb8 -lbcert -lclient -lvsn -lcommon -lgeneric -lepc -lnlsrtl3 -lcore4 -lnlsrtl3 -lcore4 -lnlsrtl3 -lclient -lvsn -lcommon -lgeneric -lnlsrtl3 -lcore4 -lnlsrtl3 -lcore4 -lnlsrtl3 -ldl -lm -lpthread -ldl -lpthread -lm -L/usr/lib -lm -L/usr/X11R6/lib -lXm -L/usr/X11R6/lib/ -L/usr/X11R6/lib/ -lXt -lX11 -lm -lix60 -lixd60 -lX11 -lnlsrtl3 -lXp -lXext -Bdynamic -lnsl -ldl -lm -lc -Bstatic
                                    /usr/bin/ld: -static and -shared may not be used together
                                    make: *** [$ORACLE_HOME/lib/libifjapi60.so] Error 1

At this point, you can follow the 10gR2 interop note to upgrade the 11.5.10.2 9.2.0.6 database to 10.2.0.2 via dbua:

Follow the latest 10gR2/11i Interoperability Notes (362203.1)

Oracle Applications Release 11i with Oracle 10g Release 2 (10.2.0)
                                    http://metalink.oracle.com/metalink/plsql/showdoc?db=NOT&id=362203.1
                                    1 2 Previous Next