1 2 Previous Next 24 Replies Latest reply: Jul 1, 2011 8:05 AM by Nicolas.Gasparotto Go to original post RSS
      • 15. Re: How to know the patches applied on DB?
        Gab, according to the note I referenced if you downgrade or backoff a patch the table is supposed to reflect that. Obviously there are still some problems with Oracle's process.

-- Mark D Powell --
        • 16. Re: How to know the patches applied on DB?
          Gab2
          Yes, I think so. Here's what I get:

ACTION_TIME ACTION NAMESPACE VERSION ID COMMENTS
          2006-2-27 20.33.54.645000000     PATCH     SERVER     10.1.0.5.0          Patched from 10.1.0.4.0 to 10.1.0.5.0
          2006-4-12 14.26.57.51000000     CPU               5059192     Patch12

The formatting sucks but you can still see "Patched from 10.1.0.4.0 to 10.1.0.5.0" listed. And "Patch12" is obviously a 10.1.0.4 patch.

I hope this gets fixed soon!

Gabriel
          • 17. Re: How to know the patches applied on DB?
            Hi all,

When i logged on clients db servers it seemd no OPatch directory was there then i have downloaded that from oracle site and installed it in oracle home. then i ran on all the server it was saying "no intrim patch". is it right way to check the applied patches.

I have tried $ORACLE_HOME/OPatch/opatch lsinventory command on my all databases some of them are 9206,9205,9204 versions.

How would we know the applied patches in older version like 7.8 etc.

Mehul.
            • 18. Re: How to know the patches applied on DB?
              For oracle 8 and 9 you can always startup an OUI and check in the list of installed products. I have to do this regularly because I often come to customer sites with little or no dicumentation. OUI doesn't lie as long as you have installed and deinstalled with OUI. If you have no OUI installed then just copy any 8/9 rdbms installlation CD1 to your target machine. Failing that I guess it should be possible to search through the oraInventory to find what you want but I've never gone that far...

Ahmed
              • 19. Re: How to know the patches applied on DB?
                Hey gabriel,
                The sys.registry$history table gets created when you run the "catspu.sql" script.

So effectively, when you rollback the patch, you need to run the subsequent sql script at the database level also, to clear the registry$history table.

-Anand
                • 20. Re: How to know the patches applied on DB?
                  Either add $ORACLE_HOME/OPatch to your path, or execute opatch using the full pathname.
                  • 21. Re: How to know the patches applied on DB?
                    Hi,

What happen if you install a patch which was installed already?
                    And what happen if you install a patch lower than the existing installed patch?
                    Will oracle validates and prompts you that the patch being installed is lower than the current?

Thanks a lot
                    • 22. Re: How to know the patches applied on DB?
                      Hi all ,

even i am curious to know What happen if you install a patch which was installed already?
                      And what happen if you install a patch lower than the existing installed patch?
                      Will oracle validates and prompts you that the patch being installed is lower than the current?
                      Thanks a lot
                      VJM
                      • 23. Re: How to know the patches applied on DB?
                        Billy~Verreynne
                        So you expect someone from a 5 YEAR OLD THREAD to answer you!?

Lemme guess. You're either a professional idiot or a gifted amateur? *

<i>* standard rude comment for those who keep on persisting resurrecting dead threads and hijacking them to ask new questions</i>
                        • 24. Re: How to know the patches applied on DB?
                          Nicolas.Gasparotto
                          Please, do not reply to 5 years old thread. If you have question, create your own thread.
                          Thanks,

Nicolas.
                          1 2 Previous Next