6 Replies Latest reply: Jun 6, 2013 9:02 AM by user11969787 RSS

#ATTACHMENT - Special message attributte in Workflow - Need to know more

Hi, I have a 2 parts problem

(1) I need to know about #ATTACHMENT - special message attribute(?) like #HEADER_<name> . I did not see in the workflow documentation (Developer and Admin ) ( checked in doc that comes with Apps 11i.8 and and also in 9i Database doc set). I did not find any mention/discussion about this in the WorkFlow docs.
      Is this an undocumented fetaure?

(2) I saw this in Requisition Approval workflow at customer site. Thru this ( my guess), all the attached files ( that were attached in Req Form) show up in approval notification.
      Is this the way to throw up attached files in workflow notification?

I tried to do the same in PO approval WF. But I do not see the files in the notification.
      I attached files in STD PO form with (Usage Type as "approver" and file type as File ) to upload word/PDF/Text files thru browser" to Oracle Apps and saved.
      I checked with PO user documentaion. But it (uasage type as Approver) does not mention about PO, but mentions requisition for usage type as "Approver". PO also goes thru Approver Cycle.

Thanks to all - Pradip ( Pradip Biswas )
        • 1. Re: #ATTACHMENT - Special message attributte in Workflow - Need to know mor
          Attachments

Message Attributes (except those with Internal Name of '#ATTACHMENTS') with 'Attach Content' checked or that are of type 'Form' will appear in the 'Related Applications' section of the Message Body itself.

Message Attributes defined with the internal name of '#ATTACHMENTS' will appear as separate links for each document alongside the 'Attachment(s)' Label in the 'Notification Header' section of the Notification.

Note: FND Document Attachments can only be displayed in the 'Attachments' field in the Notification Header, these are not supported in the 'Related Applications' region of a notification.

To define Attachments (to be accessible from the 'Attachments' field in the Notification Header):

Create an Item Attribute and specify the 'Type' as 'Document'.

* Entity
          * Primary Key 1 Name
          * Primary Key 1 Value
          * Primary Key 2 Name
          * Primary Key 2 Value
          * Primary Key 3 Name
          * Primary Key 3 Value
          * Primary Key 4 Name
          * Primary Key 4 Value
          * Primary Key 5 Name
          * Primary Key 5 Value

The above information should be specified in the 'Default Value' field of the Item Attribute in the following format:
          FND:entity=<Entity> &pk1name=<Key Name>&pk1value=<Key Value>

The value for 'entity' can be obtained from DATA_OBJECT_CODE in FND_DOCUMENT_ENTITIES.
          The value for 'pk1name' can be obtained from PK1_COLUMN in FND_DOCUMENT_ENTITIES.
          The value for 'pk1value' can be obtained from PK1_VALUE in FND_ATTACHED_DOCUMENTS.

e.g.
          FND:entity=PO_HEADERS&pk1name=PO_HEADER_ID&pk1value=9395

By default the FND Document Attachments will be displayed for ALL document categories, if you wish to specify which categories should be included, add '&categories=<category_name1>,<category_name2>'

e.g.
          FND:entity=PO_HEADERS&pk1name=PO_HEADER_ID&pk1value=9395&categories=custom1,custom2

Create a Message Attribute with the Internal Name of '#ATTACHMENTS' and specify the 'Type' as 'Document', specify the 'Default Type' as 'Item Attribute' and select the Item Attribute in which you specified the Entity as the 'Default Value'.

The associated context specified as above enables all document attachments associated with the Entity and the primary keys to be accessible from the 'Attachments' field in the notification header.
          • 2. Re: #ATTACHMENT - Special message attributte in Workflow - Need to know mor
            Hi,

I've been experimenting with this feature for some time. And this works great for all online notifications with attachments. But is there a way to include these attachments in the mail when using the notification mailer?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
            Nike
            • 3. Re: #ATTACHMENT - Special message attributte in Workflow - Need to know mor
              The FND attachment support is still not available with e-mail notifications. It works great with worklist.
              • 4. Re: #ATTACHMENT - Special message attributte in Workflow - Need to know mor
                abhikv
                Hi Vijay,

I'm trying to attach files from the attachments in my custom form and display it in the notification. But itz not working for me. Plz find the following code

WF_ENGINE.SetItemAttrDocument(itemtype => itemtype,
                itemkey => itemkey,
                aname => 'ATTACHMENT',
                documentid => 'FND:entity=XXPOC_RAD_SSD_HEADER' || '&' || 'pk1name=RAD_SSD_HEADER_ID' ||
                '&' || 'pk1value='|| RADSSDHEADERID);

Can u plz tell me whatz wrong in these codes.

Thanks
                Abhi
                • 5. Re: #ATTACHMENT - Special message attributte in Workflow - Need to know mor
                  Hi ,

I appreciate the very useful info on the #ATTACHMENTS, but i have a challanging requirement in the same context where we should be able open each attachment in a new window. When i have set the target frame as
                  New Window , it still opensup in the same window..

Please advice ASAP.

Thanks and Regards,
                  I Venkat
                  • 6. Re: #ATTACHMENT - Special message attributte in Workflow - Need to know mor
                    user11969787
                    Hi

please help me on the workflow attachment part.

I need to get the file name in the attachments .Instead of the name Iam getting the attribute name eg.ATTACHMENT1,ATTACHMENT2.....

Regards
                    Ankit Bansal