This discussion is archived
3 Replies Latest reply: May 21, 2013 10:11 PM by 1010283 RSS

DPF-0019: Cannot connect to schema represented by location

553470 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
In Warehouse Builder, I am trying to create a data profile for a table. However, I get the following errors during the process:

DPF-0019: Cannot connect to schema represented by location CO_CHEYENNE_SRC_V1_LOCATION. Please verify if this schema is accessible by testing the connection in the location editor. (I get this error in the Data Profile Editor)

Connection Failed. Io exception: The network adapter could not eastablish a connection (I get this error in the main window of Warehouse Builder when I try to see the data for a table)

I am using OWB 10g Release 2. The connection is working fine for importing and deploying things but whenever I want to see the data in the table, I get these specific errors.

Could it be an issue of grants? I tried that but it didn't work. SQL*Plus can connect to the schema, OWB itself can connect to the location in the mappings, but not in Data Profiling. Any suggestions?
  • 1. Re: DPF-0019: Cannot connect to schema represented by location
    553470 Newbie
    I found the reason. If you give the actual IP instead of the server name in the HOST field of the Locations in the Connection Explorer, it takes care of the matter. The reason may be that the server handling the server names and IPs may not be working properly. Or there may be some other problem. However, if you use the actual IP then you shouldn't have the problem, just like me.
  • 2. Re: DPF-0019: Cannot connect to schema represented by location
    175713 Newbie
    Hi,

you go to the design center, dann from the connection explorer you select the appropriate location, give the iP Adr, enter your password, dann test.
    But in Data Profile you will get another error: DPF-0009 (compile error) with a strenge message. I try to find out a solution for this problem also.
    Mehdi
  • 3. Re: DPF-0019: Cannot connect to schema represented by location
    1010283 Newbie
    Hi,I am facing the same issue with OWB 11gR2,when profiling the data it shows message
    as 'DPF-0019: cannot connect to schema represented by location 'PROFILE_LOCATION'.Please verify if this schema is accessible by testing the connection in the location editor'.
    Thought the schema is accessible in Location editor.
    As in previous replies provided the solution as gave IP address in 'HOST' field instead of localhost.but then it produces the error as 'java.sql.SQLException:The Network Adaptor could not establish the connection'

Please provide the solution for the same.

Thanks