2 Replies Latest reply: Jan 24, 2007 10:36 AM by 554356 RSS

usage of ES_FOLDER_API

Hello everyone,

I have a very simple question: how to properly use ES_FOLDER_API.SET_FOLDER_EXPIRY() ?

This is how i use it and it does not work (i am logged as the ES_MAIL user):

select folder_id,DAYS_KEPT from es_folder where upper(folder_name) like upper('%/mailadmin2/inbox%')

, it returns 1081 and 1 (DAYS_KEPT is set by me manually)

and then:

BEGIN
      es_folder_api.set_folder_expiry(1081,100);
      commit;
      END;

which changes nothing because when i use the select again i get the same result: 1081 and 1 .

What is the problem?

I want to create a trigger on the ES_FOLDER table so that it sets DAYS_KEPT to a number of days automatically but i'm afraid that if i set it myself and not with an API i might left something out from the update process.(the API might set some other attributes or something like it).

Any thought is appreciated.

Thank you in advance.

Irina
        • 1. Re: usage of ES_FOLDER_API
          which changes nothing because when i use the select again i get the same result: 1081 and 1 .
          What is the problem?
          You have to use the mail_session.login and es_folder_api.set_folder_expiry.

Please check the below example .(Note : I have not tested the example)

DECLARE
          c_user CONSTANT VARCHAR2(80) := 'mailadmin2@<domainname>';
          c_password CONSTANT VARCHAR2(80) := '<password>';
          c_ldaphost CONSTANT VARCHAR2(80) := '<LDAPHOST>.';
          c_ldapport CONSTANT NUMBER := <LDAP SERVER PORT>;
          session_id NUMBER;

BEGIN
          --login
          mail_session.login(c_user, c_password, c_ldaphost, session_id, c_ldapport);
          es_folder_api.set_folder_expiry(session_id,'inbox',100);
          commit;
          END;

Message was edited by:
          Ilavelan Kanniappan
          • 2. Re: usage of ES_FOLDER_API
            Thank you very much for the information but i already found this API some time ago so this problem is solved...Thank you again anyway.

Irina