1 2 Previous Next 18 Replies Latest reply: Mar 6, 2007 5:35 AM by 500141 Go to original post RSS
      • 15. Re: Enhancement Request for APEX 3 - Import / export translation
        Joel,

No other error was shown to me...just that what I have written to forum.

I find myself as user of that "service" and my problem with that is not answered....

Frankly there are some "pure" WEB pages with lot of text that has to translate to 32k in each item is probably the cause. I just can say that on "classic" export-edit-import way of treating XLIFF file, we found no problems until we use, usuall way (Apex XLIFF export-import). So I do not think that format is the problem.

THX and now...what...

I'm really looking for some tool that will make XLIFF "task" more friendly...
        • 16. Re: Enhancement Request for APEX 3 - Import / export translation
          joelkallman-Oracle
          Frankly there are some "pure" WEB pages with lot of text that has to translate to 32k in each item is probably the cause. I just can say that on "classic" export-edit-import way of treating XLIFF file, we found no problems until we use, usuall way (Apex XLIFF export-import). So I do not think that format is the problem.

I really don't understand this.

Joel
          • 17. Re: Enhancement Request for APEX 3 - Import / export translation
            Joel,

I just wanted to confirm that there are some big pages....

But one more thing...I was facing same problem of saving Apex page (on shellprompt, where is AL32UTF8 is defined)...which said that some of HTML regions contain more then 32k...The same Apex app, same version of Appex, but on AL16UT8 (placed on my PC at home) shows no error on such a pages. So I have the only way to edit such a big HTML regions at home and then export-import page (or sometimes whole app) back to shellpromt.

OK it is a way round.

In my second part I just want to assure that my XLIFF is valid and we are forced to use old Apex fashion way of translation (Export from Apex, edit with editor and import back to Apex through translation options).

Hope now is all more clear.

THX for your time ...
            • 18. Re: Enhancement Request for APEX 3 - Import / export translation
              Concerning the error ORA-01706: user function result value was too large in our XLIFF Translator (www.iadvise.be/xtra4o)...

We have been able to locate the problem. It was caused by the fact that the XLIFF file contains one or more source (or target) values that exceed 4k.

The standard XML function extractValue(value(xx),'/trans-unit/source') seems to have a problem with tag values that exceed 4k.

For the moment we ignore these values that exceed 4k assuming they do not need any translation. They will not be loaded into our XLIFF-database and when you download the translated file, these values won't be in it.

In the near future we will provide a much better solution for this issue. Hopes this helps for now...

Niels
              1 2 Previous Next