3 Replies Latest reply: Mar 2, 2007 4:26 AM by 564900 RSS

OMWB is it worth working?

I am migrating MySql to Oracle using omwb. My MySql versions are 4.1.12 max and MySql 5.0.22Max (LINUX) . Oracle version is Oracle 9i R2 (LINUX).

I during migration process I am failing to connect to the source database, my omwb fails after giving this message.

OMWB error - Database not found: Make sure hostname, port and server are correctly specified.for the version of MySQL you wish to connect to.

And Checking the log of the OMWB log/Error.log suggests the following error to connect with the database.

LOG -
      oracle.mtg.migration.MigrationInitException: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.mysql.jdbc.Driver:java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.mysql.jdbc.Driver

I have tried using omwb and omwb_mysql5_beta using various types of Connector J for mysql. includeing 3.1.12,3.1.14,3.1.8a,3.1.9,5.0.1 and many other. But all the drivers are unable to connect to the source database. Gone through all kind of errors available in the Oracle Forum.

Even I have given all the privileges required to the root as 'root'@'%', 'root'@'localhost' and 'root'@'machine_name.domain_name'. And password length was also 8 character.
      I have written all these steps here because I dont think that these are the proper solution.
      One more thing is tested, I have used putty to connect to the Mysql server and also EMS MySQL manager 2005 for the same.

I have downloaded the omwb_mysql5_beta from Oracle Site. Its not 10.1.0.4.3 as a solution of this problem available in this site. From where do I get exact downloads. I have Wasted my three valuable days in doing so.

Now do u really think its worth working? If yes then please upload the proper downloads on the site with the solution of this problem.

With Regards
      Amit Nanote
        • 1. Re: OMWB is it worth working?
          Check out the announcements for this Forum.
          • 2. Re: OMWB is it worth working?
            I was able to get pass that error by renaming the connector "JAR" (not the unzipped files from the com directory" to as mysql-connector-java.zip.

But I am still getting other error messages.
            • 3. Re: OMWB is it worth working?
              I have the same problem. I am working with Oracle 10g 10.2.01 and MySql 5.0.21. I have downloaded Omwb for Mysql5 beta and connector 3.1.14.
              I have extract the Mysql connector and zipped the com path (/src/com) under the drivers directory of omwb.
              I am connected successfull to my MySql DB from mysql-client.
              First problem: Omwb don't recognize Mysql5 plug-in. I have tried also delting Mysql3 and Mysql4 plugin form directory, but also don't recognize the Mysql5 plugin.
              Second Problem: using MySql4 give the same problem of user539970:
              "OMWB error - Database not found: Make sure hostname, port and server are correctly specified.for the version of MySQL you wish to connect to."
              Thank
              Paolo Morandi