This discussion is archived
1 2 3 4 10 Previous Next 146 Replies Latest reply: Dec 2, 2009 10:18 PM by user786836 Go to original post RSS
  • 15. Re: Export Excel instead of .csv
    413144 Newbie
    Currently Being Moderated
    The APEX version I'm using is 2.2.1.00.04.
    After downloading your latest version, the error message changed to:
    Report Header Error: ORA-01403: no data found / 100

Greets,
    Guido
  • 16. Re: Export Excel instead of .csv
    Denes Kubicek Oracle ACE Director
    Since I changed from Report Title to Region ID, you need to go through the Readme.pdf
    again and

a) delete one page item T_REPORT_NAME

b) create another one (T_REGION_ID)

c) and correct your link and your application process by replacing the old item name
    with the new one.

Sorry, but as I said, the package is in development and no guarantees therefor.

Denes Kubicek
  • 17. Re: Export Excel instead of .csv
    I just updated the package with a newer version. Whoever may be interested can download
    and test. Your feedback is appreciated.

Denes Kubicek
  • 18. Re: Export Excel instead of .csv
    413144 Newbie
    The above mentioned error messages I received where due to the fact that I installed the package in another schema, created a public synonym and granted execute rights to PUBLIC.
    When installing the package in the APEX parsing schema it works.
    Is it possible to only install the package once and have it available to all APEX parsing schemas?

Another question. Are there any SQL restrictions in using your package. I'm having a rather complex SQL report, and this report generates the following error:
    Report Header Error: ORA-01403: no data found / 100

Greets,
    Guido
  • 19. Re: Export Excel instead of .csv
    Guido,

I didn't test sharing the package with other schemas. I will do that. Normaly, if you grant
    execute to any schema, it should be available there as well. However, I will test.

To your second question. The header error happens, when no SQL behind the report
    can be found. This means that the package got the wrong input. I changed the
    application names recently (posted in this thread), the application process and the
    link for generating the excel file. Check the Readme.pdf once again and make sure
    that you have the required items, process and the link as the new version of the package
    expects.

Consider also the following:

If you are saying a complex report then I assume the same could also happen as for normal .csv export.
    You probably have some items as binds for your report. I experienced
    the same behaviour by not having a computation on some items and loading the
    page report would show the header but no data. After computing
    the items on load or submitting the report (submit button), the export was working.

The package is getting the SQL behind the report, replacing the :p_item variables with
    v('p_item') and fetching the values. If the values are not assigned, the header will be
    generated but no values will be fetched.

Denes Kubicek
  • 20. Re: Export Excel instead of .csv
    567700 Newbie
    Hi, Denes, i've followed your instruction about exporting report to excel file under XE envronment, the problem is that now when i open the generated file i see an error in the first row before the columns headings. The error is
    Report Values Error: ORA-06550: riga 12, colonna 12: PL/SQL: ORA-00942: tabella o vista inesistente
    (table or view does not exists..) and also
    PLS-00364: uso della variabile di indice ciclo 'C' non valido ORA-06550: riga 17, colonna 100: PL/SQL this error is repeated for many times and last
    PLS-00364: uso della variabi / -6550 / select.......
    The XE user is flows_020100 , the user that owns and runs the application is vsg so i granted him the execute on dbms_sql and the select on wwv_flow_page_plugs. Have i forgotten something else?
    Thanks.
  • 21. Re: Export Excel instead of .csv
    What kind of report are you running? Can you post the code? I assume that report is
    showing proper values?

Denes Kubicek
  • 22. Re: Export Excel instead of .csv
    567700 Newbie
    Hi Denes sorry but i've had problems with my adsl line.This is the query i use to obtain my report, it shows correct result in "video printing" and only after i've added the Download_excel feature i have the errors after clicking on download to excel button and opening "my_report.xls" file instead of saving it on my hd

SELECT
    "MOVIMENTI_CONTABILI"."DATA_MOVIMENTO",
    "MOVIMENTI_CONTABILI"."TC",
    "CAUSALI"."DESCRIZIONE",
    "SOCI"."COGNOME",
    "SOCI"."NOME",
    "MOVIMENTI_CONTABILI"."IMPORTO"*decode ("MOVIMENTI_CONTABILI"."TC",0,1) entrate,
    "MOVIMENTI_CONTABILI"."IMPORTO"*decode ("MOVIMENTI_CONTABILI"."TC",1,1) uscite,
    "MOVIMENTI_CONTABILI"."NOTE"
    FROM
    "MOVIMENTI_CONTABILI",
    "SOCI", "CAUSALI"
    WHERE "MOVIMENTI_CONTABILI"."DATA_MOVIMENTO"
    BETWEEN :P17_DA_Data AND :P17_A_Data
    AND "SOCI"."N.TESSERA_SOCIALE" = "MOVIMENTI_CONTABILI"."OPERATORE"
    AND "MOVIMENTI_CONTABILI"."CAUSALE" = "CAUSALI"."CODICE_CAUSALE"
    ORDER BY "MOVIMENTI_CONTABILI"."DATA_MOVIMENTO"
  • 23. Re: Export Excel instead of .csv
    You should download the latest version of the package. I found some mistakes in it
    and corrected it accordingly. However, apex.oracle.com seems to be down at the moment.

After you reinstall the package, your export will work.

Denes Kubicek
  • 24. Re: Export Excel instead of .csv
    567700 Newbie
    Denes what kind of package are you talking about? If you intend export_to_excel_xe_pkg.sql I've downloaded it next week from
    http://htmldb.oracle.com/pls/otn/f?p=31517:64,
    is there a new version?
    Thanks
  • 25. Re: Export Excel instead of .csv
    Exactly. I may update and change the package frequently. The version date you see
    in my app on the page where you download it. Yesterday evening I changed it as I said,
    becouse of some errors in it.

Denes Kubicek
  • 26. Re: Export Excel instead of .csv
    567700 Newbie
    ok tanks, i'll send you a feedback as soon as possible.
  • 27. Re: Export Excel instead of .csv
    567700 Newbie
    Denes, it works !! Thanks for your support.
    Bye
  • 28. Re: Export Excel instead of .csv
    The package has been reworked and now it works for all "normal" SQL reports. Soon, I will
    unwrap it and show how I did that.

Denes Kubicek
  • 29. Re: Export Excel instead of .csv
    49453 Newbie
    "The package has been reworked and now it works for all "normal" SQL reports. Soon, I will unwrap it and show how I did that."

Denes, soon please :-)
1 2 3 4 10 Previous Next