Which version of subversion can i use ?

570988 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hi,

I have JDeveloper 10.1.3.2
with SVN 1.4.3

I can't commit anything.

Problem : "svn : malformed network data"

I have seen on svnkit website that the lastest version of SVN is not supported yet.
The last SVN version supported by SVNkit is 1.4.2 but i don't know if my version of JDevelopper uses the last JavaSVN (svnkit) library.

So, what is the highest version i can use with JDeveloper 10.1.3.2 ?

Message was edited by:
user567985
  • 1. Re: Which version of subversion can i use ?
    John Stegeman Oracle ACE
    User,

The plug-in that comes with JDeveloper specifically supports Subversion 1.3.2. Having said that, I have installed Subversion software version 1.4.3 on my windows laptop, and added the JavaHL library as well. Then, in JDeveloper, I selected "use native client." The overlay icons, version numbers, etc, are working fine.

Having said that, I've posted here before about using Subversion, and I personally do not check out/commit/etc from within JDeveloper - I use the command line, so I cannot comment on using the full features of the plug-in - I just use it to see a "general" status of my files in JDeveloper. So, the short answer: 1.3.2.

John
  • 2. Re: Which version of subversion can i use ?
    604674 Newbie
    Hi,

I am using JDeveloper 10.1.3.3.0 with Versioning Support for Subversion 10.1.3.41.57 and Subversion server 1.4.5. and everything seems to work fine

Keith