This discussion is archived
4 Replies Latest reply: Apr 12, 2007 2:01 AM by 572041 RSS

Restarting iSQL*Plus

435595 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
I am unable to restart iSQL*Plus in a web browser. After a 10g installation everything works fine, including iSQL*Plus. Netscape even opens SQL scripts in iSQL*Plus after adding an SQL file type description (not sure how to do this in Safari or Firefox). However, after rebooting the computer and restarting the database, I am unable to get iSQL*Plus to open in a browser (I used the following steps):

lsnrctl start
echo “startup” | sqlplus “/ as sysdba”
emctl start dbconsole
isqlplusctl start

Instead I get a “Recursive error in error-page calling for /error.uix, see the application log for details.” I also get an “SP2-00908: iSQL*Plus may have been restarted without being properly shut down” error in the browser even after successful isqlplusctl stop and isqlplusctl start commands from the terminal.

Can anyone tell me what I am doing wrong or failing to do to restart iSQL*Plus in a browser? Thanks.
  • 1. Re: Restarting iSQL*Plus
    RonaldRood Oracle ACE
    details.” I also get an “SP2-00908: iSQL*Plus may
    have been restarted without being properly shut down”
    error in the browser even after successful
    isqlplusctl stop and isqlplusctl start commands from
    the terminal.
    Stop isqlplus and delete it's log/trace/pid files. I think it leaves such a file and checks on it during startup.

Ronald
    http://homepage.mac.com/ik_zelf/oracle
  • 2. Re: Restarting iSQL*Plus
    435595 Newbie
    Thanks, Ronald. I tried that with no luck and then selectively removed and installed iSQL*Plus using the OUI. I still get the recursive error. This is the same error (I believe) that one received when trying to log into iSQL*Plus using the developer's release. There is an identical thread posted by another on the iSQL forum with no answer. Any other thoughts are appreciated.
    Phil

http://homepage.mac.com/enkema/MSWE/
  • 3. Re: Restarting iSQL*Plus
    435595 Newbie
    Perhaps I solved my own problem, but will post it in the event it is indeed the answer and can help someone else. I omitted the statement that starts SQL*Plus from my Oracle 10g startup file. It now reads:

lsnrctl start
    emctl start dbconsole
    isqlplusctl start

Perhaps starting both SQL*Plus and iSQL*Plus resulted in the recursive error I was getting? I made no other configuration changes and I am now able to use iSQL*Plus in Netscape again.
    Phil
  • 4. Re: Restarting iSQL*Plus
    572041 Newbie
    where can I find those log, trace, and pid files? And what do I do once I find them?