1. Windows 2003 Service pack 1 installed
2. Installed cgywin and vc++
3. 7 .zip files downloaded from edelivery into E: drive
4. before installing I have made sure that I have enough disk space (I have 500 GB)
5. I removed the earlier files created due to installation as per your advice
6. Now, while staging, there are 7 options - I am choosing option 6 (APPL_TOP) - do I need to choose all the options one by one?
7. after some time, it shows me to insert DVD labeled Oracle Applications Rapid install and I am giving E: - but it shows "invalid disk is entered" and keeps on repeating - please suggest what needs to be done here.
for the cds you should have the follow under your stage11i directory
d:\Stage11i\startCD ----------> starthere
d:\Stage11i\oraApps ----------> appl_top
d:\Stage11i\oraDB ----------> RDBMS
d:\Stage11i\oraiAS ----------> ora_tools
d:\Stage11i\oraAppDB ----------> Databases cds
d:\Stage11i\oraNLS ----------> NLS CD if you are using any
then you start the rapidwiz from the startcd/disk1/rapidwiz
1. Unzipped all the files (disk1 through 7) to E:\11i\Stage11i
2. Ran rapidwiz.cmd from E:\11i\Stage11i\StartCD\Disk1\Rapidwiz
3. The bootstrap process shows 100% immediately
4. The bar below stops at 33% to tell "Copying StartCD to "F:\rapidinstall" (as my config.txt is in F:)
5. Just after a minute the second bar is completing 100% and the screen vanishes.
I have been trying this for 3/4 days now but without any luck. I have removed all the old install files and restarting each time.
The following are the .zip files that I have downloaded from edelivery for 11i
I do not have MS Visual Studio 2005. Seems We can download and install the 2005 express edition. Referring the forum, I see the apps installation will not, but any additional patchs may not get linked.
Would someone can validate, whether I can install MS vidual Studio 2006 instead 2005 or the express edition? Thanks
I have not installed R12 but I have R11i . And Hussein and others helped me a lot to do this. You follow his steps as he has mentioned and if you follow carefully then you might not need to ask anybody anything.
Also you will have to see what platform you are installing as requirements/steps may vary slighly.
All the best.