9 Replies Latest reply on May 27, 2007 9:35 PM by Dimitri Gielis

Windows Express 3.0 Bug?

wwv_flow_api.create_report_columns (
      ERROR at line 5:
      ORA-06550: line 5, column 1:
      PLS-00306: wrong number or types of arguments in call to
      'CREATE_REPORT_COLUMNS'
      ORA-06550: line 5, column 1:

The sequence parameters are a VARCHAR and NUMBER is being passed in.
        • 1. Re: Windows Express 3.0 Bug?
          John Edward Scott
          Hi,

Can you show your complete code? (By complete I mean not your entire program, just enough code that shows this error and that can be used to reproduce it).
          • 2. Re: Windows Express 3.0 Bug?
            I don't have any code to show. This occured during the install of Windows Express 3.0. It's not my code or I would be able to fix it. I could even fix Oracle's code if it wasn't encrypted. The only solution I have come up with is to modify the install scripts that writes numbers to varchar2 since it does not do an implicit conversion, but that is to much work.
            Right now I'm just figuring out XE and trying to install it on my 10g database.
            • 3. Re: Windows Express 3.0 Bug?
              I could include the install log if that would help?
              • 4. Re: Windows Express 3.0 Bug?
                Dimitri Gielis
                Hi Zjah02,

Can you clarify something please?
                Windows Express 3.0
                Do you mean Application Express 3.0?
                Right now I'm just figuring out XE and trying to install it on my 10g database.
                XE and APEX are two different things. Are you trying to install APEX 3.0 on your Oracle 10g database? Or are you trying to install Oracle XE (database) on windows?
                You can't install Oracle XE in an Oracle 10g database...

It would be good if you post the steps you took to install whatever you install and when exactly you get an error.

Thanks,
                Dimitri
                • 5. Re: Windows Express 3.0 Bug?
                  Dimitri Gielis
                  This thread was spotted to be included in the weekly APEX forum wrap-up.
                  (in the funny part)

Thanks,
                  Dimitri
                  -- APEX Forum wrap-up --
                  @ http://dgielis.blogspot.com/search/label/apex%20forum
                  • 6. Re: Windows Express 3.0 Bug?
                    Yes Application Express 3.0 for Window install.

1) I opened a command prompt
                    2) typed in at prompt >@apexins password sysaux sysaux temp /i/
                    3) install started
                    4) I watched the screen
                    5) Above error occured.
                    • 7. Re: Windows Express 3.0 Bug?
                      Well I take serious offence to you including me in your funny paper, when I have an actual issue. I type in what I see and if what I see is confusing then maybe you should add to your paper the most confusing install instructions posted. So not to be included in your funny papers any more I guess I just won’t ever ask another question!
                      • 8. Re: Windows Express 3.0 Bug?
                        Dimitri Gielis
                        Hi Zjah,

I didn't want to offend you in any way. I'm really sorry if you felt that why, it wasn't my intention.

This is what I wrote on my weekly APEX Forum Wrap-up:
                        --
                        Windows Express 3.0 Bug?: Sometimes users are confused about names... APEX, XE, Windows, Oracle database, 10g some many words, so many differences
                        --

Every week I try to collect the messages that took my attention in the forum. As a lot of people having a hard time with all the different names, I thought to include it again.

I only want to help others and promote APEX. If you feel I shouldn't have included it, I'll take it out.

Dimitri
                        • 9. Re: Windows Express 3.0 Bug?
                          Dimitri Gielis
                          To come back to your problem:

Can you tell again what database you're using when installing APEX 3.0?
                          Is it 10.2.0.something? or on XE, I didn't understand that.
                          You can do that with:
                          SELECT version
                          FROM v$instance;
                          Maybe it's better that you post the last 10 lines of the installation log too.

Thanks,
                          Dimitri