This discussion is archived
1 2 3 4 Previous Next 57 Replies Latest reply: Nov 5, 2007 7:41 AM by Hussein Sawwan-Oracle RSS

11.5.10.2 install problems

559571 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hoping that someone in here can provide assistance. I am trying to install 11.5.10.2 on Mandriva 2007. It errors out at the installation of the DB. Sorry, far from an expert when it comes to DBA activities. The problem seems to be around libc.so.6. Here is part of the log file when the install fails:

runProcess_5

Statusstring Executing Command: InstantiateFile -d addbtmpl.drv

Cannot execute configure of environment for database ORACLE_HOME

RW-50010: Error: - script has returned an error: 1
RW-50004: Error code received when running external process. Check log file for details.
Running Database Install Driver for VIS instance
Database Availability Check

-----------------------------

command : /free1/Stage11i/startCD/Disk1/rapidwiz/bin/riwTDBup.sh /d01/oracle/visdb/9.2.0/VIS_dtwconsulting.env APPS/APPS

There was an error while running the command - /free1/Stage11i/startCD/Disk1/rapidwiz/bin/riwTDBup.sh /d01/oracle/visdb/9.2.0/VIS_dtwconsulting.env APPS/APPS
uname: error while loading shared libraries: libc.so.6: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
which: error while loading shared libraries: libc.so.6: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
grep: error while loading shared libraries: libc.so.6: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
wc: error while loading shared libraries: libc.so.6: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
sqlplus: error while loading shared libraries: libdl.so.2: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

If I do a locate I can see that libc.so.6 exists in the following directories:

/lib/i686/libc.so.6
/lib/libc.so.6
/d01/oracle/visdb/9.2.0/lib/stubs/libc.so.6

If I do a locate I can see that libdl.so.2 exists in the following directoris:

/lib/libdl.so.2
/d01/oracle/visdb/9.2.0/lib/stubs/libdl.so.2

As far as I can tell I have glibc 2.4-7.

Any help would be appreciated.
  • 1. Re: 11.5.10.2 install problems
    559571 Newbie
    One more addition. I understand that Mandriva is not supported by Oracle. I'm just trying to get a VIS database up and running. I've been able to get previous versions of 11i installed on Mandriva without problems.

Again, TIA.
  • 2. Re: 11.5.10.2 install problems
    mdtaylor Oracle ACE
    If your kernel is > 2.6.15, you cannot have LD_ASSUME_KERNEL set anywhere in your environment or you get many unable to open shared library errors. Try the following hacks to see if you can get around it. It will fail twice, first configuring the DB, and then on autoconfig at the end. If you edit those 2 files after they are unzipped but before they are executed, rapidwiz should not fail.

- Remove any LD_ASSUME_KERNEL references in O/S /etc/profile.d files

- Comment out LD_ASSUME_KERNEL entries in $ORACLE_HOME/appsutil/bin/adgetlnxver.sh and $AD_TOP/bin/adgetlnxver.sh

if [ ${setflag}x = "x" -a $os = "Suse" ]; then
    # LD_ASSUME_KERNEL="2.4.21"
    # export LD_ASSUME_KERNEL
    os="Suse"
    fi
    if [ ${setflag}x = "x" -a $os = "RH" ]; then
    # LD_ASSUME_KERNEL="2.4.19"
    # export LD_ASSUME_KERNEL
    os = "RH"
    fi

If doing a rapid install, the database startup will fail and rapidwiz will prompt to ignore or retry. At this point, edit $ORACLE_HOME/appsutil/bin/adgetlnxver.sh as shown above and click on retry. It will then run to the autoconfig step at the end and error out. Just hit cancel, edit $AD_TOP/bin/adgetlnxver.sh as shown above.
  • 3. Re: 11.5.10.2 install problems
    559571 Newbie
    Thanks,
    I'll give this a try, but since I am on Mandriva the result of uname -s is "Linux" so the 2 if statements below shouldn't even fire.

I've checked what files I know, and I also did a set from root before I kicked off Rapidwiz and LD_ASSUME_KERNEL is not set at all.

I'll let you know what happens.
  • 4. Re: 11.5.10.2 install problems
    559571 Newbie
    Ok, even though I am on Mandriva I do have the file /etc/redhat-release so that might be causing the issue. I've updated the file adgetlnxver.sh already, but not sure if I've done it too early or not. At any rate, if the install fails I'll update the script again and then press retry and give that a try.
  • 5. Re: 11.5.10.2 install problems
    559571 Newbie
    Ok, the 9.2.0 install is still erring out :( The last things I have in my log file is as follows:

Succesfully changed Permissions for /d01/oracle/visdb/9.2.0/appsutil/log/VIS_dtwconsulting
    Processing DriverFile = /free1/Stage11i/startCD/Disk1/rapidwiz/template/adridb.drv
    Running Instantiation Drivers for /free1/Stage11i/startCD/Disk1/rapidwiz/template/adridb.drv
    instantiate file:
    source : /free1/Stage11i/startCD/Disk1/rapidwiz/template/adrun9i.sh
    dest : /d01/oracle/visdb/9.2.0/temp/VIS_dtwconsulting/adrun9i.sh
    backup : /d01/oracle/visdb/9.2.0/temp/VIS_dtwconsulting/adrun9i.sh to /d01/oracle/visdb/9.2.0/appsutil/out/VIS_dtwconsulting/templbac/adrun9i5.sh
    setting permissions: 755
    setting ownership: oracle:oracle
    instantiate file:
    source : /free1/Stage11i/startCD/Disk1/rapidwiz/template/adrundb.sh
    dest : /d01/oracle/visdb/9.2.0/temp/VIS_dtwconsulting/adrundb.sh
    backup : /d01/oracle/visdb/9.2.0/temp/VIS_dtwconsulting/adrundb.sh to /d01/oracle/visdb/9.2.0/appsutil/out/VIS_dtwconsulting/templbac/adrundb5.sh
    setting permissions: 755
    setting ownership: oracle:oracle
    Step 0 of 5

Command: /d01/oracle/visdb/9.2.0/temp/VIS_dtwconsulting/adrun9i.sh

Step 1 of 5: Doing UNIX preprocessing
    Executing: chmod -R 777 /etc/oraInventory
    chmod -R 777 /etc/oraInventory has succeeded

Processing Step 1 of 5

Executing: su oracle -c "/d01/oracle/visdb/9.2.0/temp/VIS_dtwconsulting/adrun9i.sh APPS APPS"

STARTED INSTALL PHASE : 9i RDBMS : Wed Apr 4 13:24:19 EDT 2007

runProcess_7

Statusstring Executing Command: OracleHomeCloner -registerOUI

Errors while registering Oracle Home in the inventory

FINISHED INSTALL PHASE : 9i RDBMS : Wed Apr 4 13:24:19 EDT 2007

There was an error while running the command - su oracle -c /d01/oracle/visdb/9.2.0/temp/VIS_dtwconsulting/adrun9i.sh APPS APPS
    /d01/oracle/visdb/9.2.0/appsoui/jre/1.3.1/bin/i386/native_threads/java: error while loading shared libraries: libstdc++-libc6.1-1.so.2: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
    RW-50010: Error: - script has returned an error: 127
    RW-50004: Error code received when running external process. Check log file for details.
  • 6. Re: 11.5.10.2 install problems
    mdtaylor Oracle ACE
    You need to find a compat library for Mandriva

Here is a description of what the OpenSuse 10.2 compat package provides:

compat
    Libraries from Compatibility Versions

Contains libncurses.so.1.9.7a, libpng.so.1.0.89, libstdc++.so.2.7.2,
    libstdc++.so.2.8, libstdc++.so.2.9, and libstdc++-3-libc6.1-2-2.10.0.so
    (from the old sources).

You might want to glance at the following thread for a list of packages you will need to have. Just find the appropriate version for Mandriva. You will also need the gcc 2.9.5 package if you do not already have it installed.

Installation of 11.5.10 on Linux (Suse or Redhat)
    Re: Installation of 11.5.10 on Linux (Suse or Redhat)

compat-2006.1.25-9.i586.rpm --needed for relinking
    compat-expat1-1.95.8-6.i586.rpm --needed for relinking
    compat-gdbm-1.8.0-7.i586.rpm --Provides missing libgdbm.so.2
    db1-1.85-99.i586.rpm --Provides missing libdb.so.2
    dovecot-1.0.beta3-13.i586.rpm --Non SSL IMAP 4 server for processing Workflow notifications
    gcc_old-2.95.3-175.2.i586.rpm --Provides compilation of 11i c code
    gkrellm-2.2.7-14.i586.rpm --Useful light weight system monitoring tool
    libaio-0.3.104-12.i586.rpm --required for asynch I/O database operation
    libaio-devel-0.3.104-12.i586.rpm --required for asynch I/O database operation
    openmotif21-libs-2.1.30MLI4-143.i586.rpm --Needed to open Developer 6i forms on Linux
    orarun-1.8-109.16.i586.rpm --configures required kernel parameters
    pdksh-5.2.14-801.i586.rpm --required by rapid install
    xorg-x11-Xvfb-6.9.0-48.i586.rpm --Needed for dynamic gif generation

as root:

cd /usr/lib
    ln -s libdb.so.2 libdb.so.3
  • 7. Re: 11.5.10.2 install problems
    Fadi Hasweh Oracle ACE
    please keep us posted on what happend, maybe we can help

fadi
    http://oracle-magic.blogspot.com
  • 8. Re: 11.5.10.2 install problems
    Yudi Lukman Newbie
    Hi,

I'm trying to install the 3rd fresh database in a single node for testing purposes. I had already installed 2 E-Business Suites installed in that server. All the pre-installation tasks passed but error when the process reached end of RDBMS disk. When I checked the log I got these information :

adlnkoh.sh completed successfully

runProcess_7
    Statusstring Executing Command : OracleHomeCloner -register OUI

Does anyone know how to solve it? Thanks.
  • 9. Re: 11.5.10.2 install problems
    Hussein Sawwan-Oracle Employee ACE
    Make sure the user doing the installation has read/write permission on the oraInventory directory.
  • 10. Re: 11.5.10.2 install problems
    Fadi Hasweh Oracle ACE
    hi yudi,
    did your database got created if yes try to register oracle home manulay
    check note How to (Recreate the Global oraInventory) Note:295185.1 and after that run rapidwiz -restart option

also you may want to check (OraInventory on Target System Not Updated During Rapid Clone ) Note:235345.1 but its realted to cloning so i am not that sure of it.

fadi
    http://oracle-magic.blogspot.com
  • 11. Re: 11.5.10.2 install problems
    Yudi Lukman Newbie
    Hi hsawwan,

the user doing the installation already had read/write permission on the oraInventory directory.

Hi Fadi,

The database couldn't be created.

Thanks.
  • 12. Re: 11.5.10.2 install problems
    Hussein Sawwan-Oracle Employee ACE
    Since the user has already a proper read/write permission, then please check the log file for more details.
  • 13. Re: 11.5.10.2 install problems
    Yudi Lukman Newbie
    Hi hsawwan,

The only error I could find in the log was :

Statusstring Executing Command : OracleHomeCloner -register OUI

FINISHED INSTALL PHASE : 9i RDBMS : Wed Jun 6 09:43:02 WIT 2007

RW-50010: Error: - script has returned an error: 1
    Running Database Install Driver for PROD2 instance

I'd uninstalled all oracle installation (2 E-Biz) then re-install. The 1st installation works well but when I tried to install 2nd E-Biz I got those error.

Before I uninstalled my oracle installation there were 2 E-Biz with 2 orainventory (one was created by default on /etc and the other one was created under /home/user though I never change oraInst.loc). After uninstalled, I installed 1st E-Biz with oraInventory by default under /etc then before installed 2nd E-Biz I edit oraInst.loc and added a line so that oraInventory for 2nd E-Biz will be created under /home/user/oracle after that I started the installation and that's when the error showed up. It appeared at the end of RDBMS disk installation.
  • 14. Re: 11.5.10.2 install problems
    Fadi Hasweh Oracle ACE
    yudi

can you please to your oracle inventery path (ex. /var/opt/oracle/oraInventory/logs)
    and post the latest OracleHomeCloner*.log and latest installActions*.log

fadi
1 2 3 4 Previous Next