12 Replies Latest reply: Sep 23, 2008 2:39 PM by 546494 RSS

EMD upload error: uploadXMLFiles skipped :: OMS version not checked yet..

I have installed OEM Management Agent in windows. I am getting when I do

emctl upload --- The following errors

How to fix the above error ???

Any thoughts, thanks...

Atul
        • 1. Re: EMD upload error: uploadXMLFiles skipped :: OMS version not checked yet
          I've seen this when there is a misconfiguration of agent, or the wrong agent is being started.

Double check that you are executing the agent from AGENT_HOME. (there is another copy of emctl in the ORACLE_HOME, but it is used for dbconsole/iasconsole and is started implicitly with those products)
          • 2. Re: EMD upload error: uploadXMLFiles skipped :: OMS version not checked yet
            I stopped the agent and restarted but looks the agent is correct home....

C:\Documents and Settings\SYSMAN>emctl status agent
            Oracle Enterprise Manager 10g Release 10.2.0.2.0.
            Copyright (c) 1996, 2006 Oracle Corporation. All rights reserved.
            ---------------------------------------------------------------
            Agent Version : 10.2.0.2.0
            OMS Version : 10.2.0.2.0
            Protocol Version : 10.2.0.2.0
            Agent Home : D:\oracle\agent10g
            Agent binaries : D:\oracle\agent10g
            Agent Process ID : 4008
            Agent URL : http://USNAPIPCA20.Nalco.One.Net:3872/emd/main/
            Repository URL : http://usnapoems11.nalco.one.net:1159/em/upload/
            Started at : 2007-06-07 13:55:38
            Started by user : SYSTEM
            Last Reload : 2007-06-07 13:57:53
            Last successful upload : (none)
            Last attempted upload : (none)
            Total Megabytes of XML files uploaded so far : 0.00
            Number of XML files pending upload : 173
            Size of XML files pending upload(MB) : 30.52
            Available disk space on upload filesystem : 11.07%
            Last attempted heartbeat to OMS : 2007-06-07 17:12:30
            Last successful heartbeat to OMS : unknown
            Agent is Running and Ready
            • 3. Re: EMD upload error: uploadXMLFiles skipped :: OMS version not checked yet
              You could try

emctl unsecure agent
              emctl secure agent (will require agent registration password for OMS)

The default for grid 10.2 is secure upload, but the output you posted shows http.
              • 4. Re: EMD upload error: uploadXMLFiles skipped :: OMS version not checked yet
                I tried both secure and unsecure see the output.... it does not work .. Yes I am using http...

C:\Documents and Settings\SYSMAN>emctl unsecure agent
                Checking Agent for HTTP... Done.
                Agent is already unsecured.

C:\Documents and Settings\SYSMAN>emctl upload

C:\Documents and Settings\SYSMAN>emctl secure agent
                Enter Agent Registration password :
                Agent successfully stopped... Done.
                Securing agent... Started.
                Requesting an HTTPS Upload URL from the OMS... Done.
                Requesting an Oracle Wallet and Agent Key from the OMS... Failed.
                Invalid Agent Registration Password.
                The Agent has not been secured.
                • 5. Re: EMD upload error: uploadXMLFiles skipped :: OMS version not checked yet
                  Ralf Durben-DBA Community-Oracle
                  Hi,

the problem is:
                  the communication between OMS and agent does not work. This is in most cases because something has been changed to one of the components so the SSL certificate is not valid anymore. Therefore you have to resecure the agent. Your last try shows the error that you have used the wrong password for registration. If you do not know the password but have sysman access to the system you can create a new registration password: Click on setup->registration passwords (left column) and then create a new reigstration password.

Then go to the agent and do the following:
                  - emctl stop agent
                  - delete all files in $AGENT_HOME/sysman/emd/upload and $AGENT_HOME/sysman/emd/state
                  - emctl clearstate agent (this should delete all state files but sometimes it is not enough, but I experienced that it is better to use this command after deletion of the files)
                  - emctl secure agent (and specify the password on demand)
                  - emctl start agent

This should solve your problem.

Hope this helps
                  • 6. Re: EMD upload error: uploadXMLFiles skipped :: OMS version not checked yet
                    Thanks a lot ... it worked for me.... Now I can see the server in OEM Grid Control
                    • 7. Re: EMD upload error: uploadXMLFiles skipped :: OMS version not checked yet
                      Marius2
                      I tried to follow this, but I get:

C:\oracle\agent\agent10g\sysman\emd\upload>emctl secure agent
                      Oracle Enterprise Manager 10g Release 4 Grid Control 10.2.0.4.0.
                      Copyright (c) 1996, 2007 Oracle Corporation. All rights reserved.
                      Enter Agent Registration password :
                      Agent is already stopped... Done.
                      Securing agent... Started.
                      Requesting an HTTPS Upload URL from the OMS... Done.
                      Requesting an Oracle Wallet and Agent Key from the OMS... Failed.
                      Invalid Agent Registration Password.
                      The Agent has not been secured.

eventhoug I'm 100% sure that I used the correct password. I even made two new ones to confirm my certanty.

Is there any thing else that can make the agent report invalid agent reg. pasword?

EDIT:
                      I found the problem. I had to reset the registration password using emctl secure setpwd instead of just setting it in the GUI.

Message was edited by:
                      Marius
                      • 8. Re: EMD upload error: uploadXMLFiles skipped :: OMS version not checked yet
                        mnazim-Oracle
                        rescure the oms again and then resecure the agent
                        • 9. Re: EMD upload error: uploadXMLFiles skipped :: OMS version not checked yet..
                          I have found the troubleshooting steps listed by others extremely helpful. Thank you to everyone who has contributed.

In addition to the advice given, I had to take the troubleshooting a bit further. I ran the same commands that were recommended and are listed below:

"- emctl stop agent
                          - delete all files in $AGENT_HOME/sysman/emd/upload and $AGENT_HOME/sysman/emd/state
                          - emctl clearstate agent (this should delete all state files but sometimes it is not enough, but I experienced that it is better to use this command after deletion of the files)
                          - emctl secure agent (and specify the password on demand)
                          - emctl start agent"

But after I ran the commands listed above I was still unable to get the upload to work successfully. I did not want to change the registration password because we have at least ten other hosts monitored by the same grid and I was not certain this was the issue since the other hosts connected to the same grid were working fine and this host at one point had worked fine as well.

To further troubleshoot, I checked the ports listed in $AGENT_HOME/sysman/config/emd.properties and changed the ports to match those of agents listed on other hosts that were working properly. After changing the ports in emd.properties to match other working hosts, I repeated above steps (emctl stop agent, etc.), but still had no luck getting the agent to upload.

As a last resort, I checked $AGENT_HOME/install/portlist.ini and compared it to other hosts. For some reason, the Oracle HTTP Server Diagnostic port was set to 7201on the broken host. I changed the port to 7200 to match other hosts again followed the same commands of emctl stop agent, emctl clearstate agent, etc.

With the port changed to 7200 in portlist.ini, when I got to the stage of securing the agent (emctl secure agent), the same password I had tried multiple times before with no luck suddenly worked and the agent immediately began communicating with the OEM grid.
                          • 10. Re: EMD upload error: uploadXMLFiles skipped :: OMS version not checked yet
                            Thank you so much for this info, which works smoothly in my case. In fact, I opend a SR for the same reason. I do not know why the analyst asked me to reinstall the agent altogether when reconfiguring is needed as you outlined.

You saved a lot of time. Once again, thanks for sharing knowledge with others.

regds
                            Raghu
                            • 11. Re: EMD upload error: uploadXMLFiles skipped :: OMS version not checked yet
                              tamdba
                              This is great. I encountered the same problem and wasn't aware it's the registration password. I couldn't even find a single good advice on MetaLink on this. Thanks to your tips I was able to discover the target in the GC using your solution. Oracle should be thankful for people like you.

Thanks a million.

Tam Nguyen, Sr. DBA
                              DCMA West District, Carson CA
                              • 12. Re: EMD upload error: uploadXMLFiles skipped :: OMS version not checked yet
                                # $Agent_home/emctl stop agent

Clean agent files

1. rm -r <AGENT_HOME>/sysman/emd/state/*
                                2. rm -r <AGENT_HOME>/sysman/emd/collection/*
                                3. rm -r <AGENT_HOME>/sysman/emd/upload/*
                                4. rm <AGENT_HOME>/sysman/emd/lastupld.xml
                                5. rm <AGENT_HOME>/sysman/emd/agntstmp.txt
                                6. rm <AGENT_HOME>/sysman/emd/blackouts.xml
                                7. rm <AGENT_HOME>/sysman/emd/protocol.ini

# $Agent_home/emctl clearstate agent

Goto $OMS_home/bin/emctl secure unlock (even though I didn't check the secure communications box during setup)

Went back into AGENT_HOME/bin/emctl start agent

just out of interest this comes from metalink Note:330932.1

regards

Alan