1 2 3 Previous Next 30 Replies Latest reply: Jun 20, 2008 9:08 AM by 615173 Go to original post RSS
      • 15. Re: APEX 3.0 Install fails on 10.2.0.x - fine on 10.1.0.4.2
        Reading that it seems to say that the HTTP and FTP connections has to be configured manually in the listener file. That far it's pretty clear, but you say that one shouldn't run the apex_epg_config.sql at all, but the article tells us to do so. Which is correct and that shouldn't be executed - what to do if it has already been. Do I need to recreate the DB? Should something be done instead at the place where the article refers to this script?
        • 16. Re: APEX 3.0 Install fails on 10.2.0.x - fine on 10.1.0.4.2
          Hi,

I have the same problem..Can anybody tell me what exactly needs to be done?
          when I go to apex/apex_admin page one extra log in page comes for XDB..

Thanks,
          Mehabub
          • 17. Re: APEX 3.0 Install fails on 10.2.0.x - fine on 10.1.0.4.2
            My belief is that this will never work unless you have 10.2.0.3. Previous releases doesn't work no matter which script you use and some APEX develoeprs (of the actual product) says that it cannot be made to work with 10G at all.
            • 18. Re: APEX 3.0 Install fails on 10.2.0.x - fine on 10.1.0.4.2
              Is there any workarround ? I tried so many times installing and re-installing APEX 3.0 but it did not help. Can APEX developers help on this?
              • 19. Re: APEX 3.0 Install fails on 10.2.0.x - fine on 10.1.0.4.2
                joelkallman-Oracle
                Hi Mehabub,

The workaround will be to use Oracle HTTP Server (Apache) and modplsql with APEX 3.0 until Database 11g.

Joel
                • 20. Re: APEX 3.0 Install fails on 10.2.0.x - fine on 10.1.0.4.2
                  Joel,

Since you answered here, I just want to ask one question...

This wasn't the intent, right? There is a script that is intended for 10g, but somehow the needed database features will not be implemented in any 10g release? If not, when is apex.epg.config.sql meant to be used?

Mathias
                  • 21. Re: APEX 3.0 Install fails on 10.2.0.x - fine on 10.1.0.4.2
                    joelkallman-Oracle
                    Mathias,

Fair question. It definitely was a blunder to include this specific file and give the illusion that it will work fine with any 10.2.0.3 database.

There may be a forthcoming solution which would enable a seamless upgrade from XE to SE/EE. And that is the only context in which the current apex_epg_config.sql would be used. But until this solution is available (and certified on APEX 3.0), we should not have included this file in the APEX 3.0 distribution.

Joel
                    • 22. Re: APEX 3.0 Install fails on 10.2.0.x - fine on 10.1.0.4.2
                      Thanks Joel. That makes sense. I think some info around this file and the lack of understanding that this file is there by mistake is why I and others when they install APEX 3.0 gets so confused.
                      • 23. Re: APEX 3.0 upgrade requires extra login - XDB anonymous access not grante
                        user540573
                        Hi,
                        I know there has been a lot of posts around this issue and I apologize for adding another one. My environment is currently stuck at a nonfunctioning APEX 3.0 on 10.2.0.10 with the recurring XDB login window. From your post, you were able to successful upgrade to 3.0 on 10.2 for XE. I followed your steps from where I am at now and am not seeing any success. I am wondering if I needed to do anything prior to your steps, if the last thing that I did was the installation instructions to run the htmldb_epg_config11.sql? Do I need to re-install the database again and version 2.2 and then proceed with your steps?
                        Thanks for any help you could offer.
                        • 24. Re: APEX 3.0 Install fails on 10.2.0.x - fine on 10.1.0.4.2
                          Hi,

with help of this How-To (http://technology.amis.nl/blog/?p=1443) I managed to get APEX 3.0 running. The important part is NOT to run the "apex_epg_config.sql". After uploading the images to the FTP, one point missing was the Login into the Admin-Interface.
                          I was able to solve this problem by running the "apxxepwd.sql" Script, that can be found in the apex-root (same folder as the "apexins.sql").

SQLPLUS:
                           conn sys as sysdba
                           start apxxepwd.sql admin
                          If you need the old interface you can switch back and forth via SQLPLUS:
                          -- switch to old
                          ALTER SESSION SET CURRENT_SCHEMA = FLOWS_020100;  
                          exec flows_020100.wwv_flow_upgrade.switch_schemas('FLOWS_030000','FLOWS_020100');

-- switch to new
                          ALTER SESSION SET CURRENT_SCHEMA = FLOWS_030000;
                          exec flows_030000.wwv_flow_upgrade.switch_schemas('FLOWS_020100','FLOWS_030000');
                          I hope this helps anyone as much as it helped me.
                          • 25. Re: APEX 3.0 Install fails on 10.2.0.x - fine on 10.1.0.4.2
                            Marco Gralike
                            Just a small update.

Yep it was written for 10.2.0.3 and upwards (so be aware). There are workarounds like http://jeffkemponoracle.blogspot.com/2007/07/apex-30-via-embedded-plsql-gateway.html. The solution given here is a standard (and IMHO) valid XMLDB 9 xdbconfig.xml update statement. More and more is automated via wrappers like the dbms_xdb.setHTTPport() etc. or via the DBMS_XDB.SETLISTENERLOCALACCESS package. The PL/SQL gateways solution is only (as far as I know a valid one from of 10.2.0.3.0 and onwards).

See also

http://www.liberidu.com/blog/?p=185
                            http://www.liberidu.com/blog/?p=122
                            • 26. Re: APEX 3.0 Install fails on 10.2.0.x - fine on 10.1.0.4.2
                              user540573
                              Hi,
                              I have followed along with How-To (http://technology.amis.nl/blog/?p=1443) as you referenced, being sure not to run the [step 7 in it] for "apex_epg_config.sql". You mentioned that "After uploading the images to the FTP, one point missing was the Login into the Admin-Interface." I am confused as to what step in the How-To that you referenced will upload the images to the FTP? Is there an additional step that must be done to upload the images, that the apex_epg_config.sql was supposed to do? Sorry for not understanding, this is extremely confusing for me.
                              :(
                              • 27. Re: APEX 3.0 upgrade requires extra login - XDB anonymous access not grante
                                Solaris 10 (running under Parallels on Mac Mini)
                                LOL that sounds like an awesome system. Somebody with too much time and money should build a huge cluster of those little buggers.

I come to this forum with a successful install of 3.0 on my 10g XE Win XP system that has been working for a while. My production system is 9i with no existing APEX and little privileges for myself. I'm trying to set up a backup dev system on a virtual Linux machine.

I've had working 10g XE with APEX 2.2 working on both Sabayon and Ubuntu linux, but any attempt to upgrade gives me a ton of package body errors ending fatally at Application 4411 - could not find FLOWS_030000.WWV_FLOW_API. I tried fixing any bad newlines with dos2unix, but it affects nothing. I may need to use an overkill XP virtual machine to run my backup dev system...

Anybody else have success with 3.0 on a POSIX system?
                                • 28. Re: APEX 3.0 Install fails on 10.2.0.x - fine on 10.1.0.4.2
                                  johnpfisk
                                  I ran apex_epg_config.sql, but eventually got it working by adding:
                                  <allow-repository-anonymous-access xmlns="http://xmlns.oracle.com/xdb/xdbconfig.xsd">true</allow-repository-anonymous-access>
                                  to xdbconfig.xml, and then executing:
                                  EXEC DBMS_EPG.authorize_dad ( dad_name => 'APEX', user => 'ANONYMOUS' )
                                  (case sensitive!)
                                  • 29. Re: APEX 3.0 Install fails on 10.2.0.x - fine on 10.1.0.4.2
                                    As for me the only problem was (you will not belive me...) The password was expired for anonymous and XDB users. Looks like to unlock the account of anonymous user is not enought. You need to go ahead and change the password, then try to login as anonymous user at XDB prompt. good luck