This discussion is archived
1 2 3 4 6 Previous Next 77 Replies Latest reply: Nov 9, 2010 3:05 AM by 410021 Go to original post RSS
  • 15. Re: Dealing with changing service wsdl locations  in the ESB
    130180 Newbie
    Currently Being Moderated
    Hi Tom

It's working now. My path had 2 'ant' locations in it! Using 1.7 it all works!

Good luck!

Chris
  • 16. Re: Dealing with changing service wsdl locations  in the ESB
    446910 Newbie
    Well done and thanks again for your help!

It should also going to work in my case now

regards,

-Tom
  • 17. Re: Dealing with changing service wsdl locations  in the ESB
    557758 Newbie
    Chris

I've got this problem too. Can you explain what you mean by "My path had 2 'ant' locations in it!"

I'm not sure if you are referring to PATH or CLASSPATH or something else that I'm unaware of!

Thanks
    Ian.
  • 18. Re: Dealing with changing service wsdl locations  in the ESB
    519522 Newbie
    Still no luck and having to manually deploy to multiple envrionments is getting tiring. I downloaded ant 1.7, set ANT_HOME appropriately, but I'm still getting the NullPointerException when I try to extract the deployment plan. My sourceDir is set to the directory the contains my ESB project and deploymentPlanFile is set to the file I want it to write.

Note, however, that my error is at getServiceWsdlURL which makes me think there's something about my project it doesn't like. All I can say is that my project registers fine through both JDev and through this tool.

Any ideas?

...richard
  • 19. Re: Dealing with changing service wsdl locations  in the ESB
    519522 Newbie
    If it helps, I've discovered it seems to tied to a service that reads from a JMS queue. I took that out of my project and then the extract worked. Furthermore, I created a new empty ESB project and put in just a JMS Inbound Adapter and it started failing with the same stack trace.

...richard
  • 20. Re: Dealing with changing service wsdl locations  in the ESB
    51151 Newbie
    I'm interested in using this method to deploy esb, I have read the documentation and it looks like it needs SOA suite running on Windows unless you develop on Unix/Linux.

All our developers develop on clients then deploy to the server. No one has SOA Suite installed on their PC. It is possible to use this tool without having SOA Suite on your PC?

Also where do I find an installs of Commons HttpClient, JAXB v2.0.2 +

Or is this part of SOA Suite?

cheers
    James
  • 21. Re: Dealing with changing service wsdl locations  in the ESB
    130180 Newbie
    Hi James

It's a good point, you do need to be able to reference libraries etc from SOA Suite, which infers that you have a SOA Suite install on your PC.

It could be that the ideal situation is that all the developers update a source control system and someone keeps a build script upto date. Then all the code could be migrated to the server and loaded from there.

It does seem a bit of a faff though. I've coped by copying the SOA Suite directory from an install to a portable drive where JDev, all my code and ant scripts live. Now I can move this to any PC and develop and deploy. Seems to work!

By the way, do you live in Wellington and did I work with you on an Interconnect project 4 years ago? Just a thought!!

Cheers

Chris
  • 22. Re: Dealing with changing service wsdl locations  in the ESB
    51151 Newbie
    Chris,

Yes I'm the very one, funny I was going to ask you the same question. I've now moved to Auckland.

Where did you find the information on constructing the deployment plan xml.

I can't help but think I'm missing something in this documentation.

cheers
    James
  • 23. Re: Dealing with changing service wsdl locations  in the ESB
    130180 Newbie
    Cool... Are you contracting or permy? Hope all is well down there and you are looking forward to giving everyone a good kicking in the world cup (apart from SA maybe!)

Drop an email to chriseebee@hotmail.com and I'll zip up all my deployment stuff which maybe is useful...

Chris
  • 24. Re: Dealing with changing service wsdl locations  in the ESB
    519522 Newbie
    Hi guys. You don't need the complete SOA suite on the client PC. Just JDev, ANT and the custom tasks referenced in this thread.

I thought I had a great solution to my NullPointerException. I decided to remove the offending JMS service, extract a deployment profile for what remained, then hand code in the <serviceDeploymentPlan> tag for the remaining service. It would have almost worked, but when I try to deploy the suitecase I get the identical NullPointerException at getServiceWsdlURL. I'm dead in the water here without some help from the creator of these tasks, so any help would be greatly appreciated!

...richard
  • 25. Re: Dealing with changing service wsdl locations  in the ESB
    519522 Newbie
    SUCCESS!!! Well, mostly anyway.

I discovered that the exception was coming from the tool's attempt to read the following XML fragment from the service's .esbsvc file:

<service>
      <serviceDefinition>
        <wsdlURL>

The problem is....that does NOT exist in an inbound JMS adapter service. Instead that service has the URL stored in this fragment

<service>
      <invocation>
        <wsdlURL>

I was able to modify my esbsvc file to put the wsdlURL under <serviceDefinition> and the deployment tool started working perfectly!

I'm assuming at this point that this is a bug in the deployment tool that would only show up with this type of adapter...but I'm going on what little information I have right now. If Doug Gschwind could confirm and post a fix, that would be awesome!

...richard
  • 26. Re: Dealing with changing service wsdl locations  in the ESB
    51151 Newbie
    Looks like you are doing good work Richard. Its big help for those that are struggling with this stuff.

I have fianlly managed to get this working but I think I may be missing something or I'm missing the point of this code.

I was hopeing that this code would chnage the WSDL locations for web services, such as BPEL. The only locations that are chnaged (as far as I can see) is the WSDL location of the ESB services. Obviously you can manually chnage the delopment plan, but this will potentially change every time you make a change to the service.

Also is there a way to use this tool for BPEL processes?

cheers
    James
  • 27. Re: Dealing with changing service wsdl locations  in the ESB
    579392 Newbie
    Hi Richard

How did you get the ant tasks to work with just JDeveloper? I've not got an oraesb.jar in my Jdeveloper install which is required to run the tasks?

Cheers

Chris
  • 28. Re: Dealing with changing service wsdl locations  in the ESB
    130180 Newbie
    Hi Richard

One more question on the wsdlURL changes you made.

Did you change the XML from

<service >
    <invocation>
    <targetService/>
    <interface>
    <wsdlURL>ListenForBusEvent.wsdl</wsdlURL>
    <portType xmlns:tns="http://xmlns.oracle.com/pcbpel/adapter/apps/ListenForBusEvent/">tns:DEQUEUE_ptt</portType>
    </interface>
    </invocation>
    </service>

to

<service >
    <invocation>
    <targetService/>
    <interface>
         <serviceDefinition>
    <portType xmlns:tns="http://xmlns.oracle.com/pcbpel/adapter/apps/ListenForBusEvent/">tns:DEQUEUE_ptt</portType>
         </serviceDefinition>
    </interface>
    </invocation>
    </service>

??

Cheers

Chris
  • 29. Re: Dealing with changing service wsdl locations  in the ESB
    519522 Newbie
    Hi Chris. I'll have to answer your first question tomorrow - I'm not in my office today. As for the XML, I just added another <wsdlURL> tag to the XML in the proper place and left everything else there because I wasn't sure if it was needed or not. The important one seems to be service/serviceDefinition/wsdlURL.

Like this:

<service >
    <invocation>
    <targetService/>
    <interface>
    </interface>
    <serviceDefinition>
    </serviceDefinition>
    </invocation>

</service>
1 2 3 4 6 Previous Next