This discussion is archived
3 Replies Latest reply: Jun 24, 2007 7:46 PM by 442273 RSS

Reading Barcode

433941 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hi All,

We have a request from one of our client to read the barcode from Sensor Edge mobile and using the bar code get the information of that product from database and display in handled device on a browser.

I would like to know the following
1. Do we have any example related to reading barcode?
2.Can we showcase the same using Simulator? if yes, Any idea where i can find the configuration document.

Thanks and Regards,
Vikram Singh
  • 1. Re: Reading Barcode
    442273 Newbie
    SEM can support barcode reading, please see the sample_htmls folder after you install sem. there is one file called 'barcode_ops.html'.
    we suggest customer to use the activex dispatcher of sem to deleop web based application. you can assign the activex type as barcode or rfid to handle different reading types.

SEM has 2 versions, one is based on pocket pc 2003, and the other is for simulators. if you want to try, please get the cab from SES installation, install on device or simulator. out-of-box, SES provide simulator driver, please see the user guide in product.

Thanks
    Ramon
  • 2. Re: Reading Barcode
    433941 Newbie
    Hi Ramon,

We have done the install of SEM. we are using Pocket PC 2003 Simulator for the same.

As mentioned, i can see the barcode_ops.html from Simulator but after that i am not getting idea how to proceed.incase you have some documentation or OBE, Pls pass the link.

We need to read the barcode(for eg. Product code) connect to database to get the details of the corresponding product and display the information on web as well as simulator.

Thanks and Regards,
    Vikram Singh
  • 3. Re: Reading Barcode
    442273 Newbie
    Hi, Vikram

I am afraid we don't have such kind of simulator in the product.

what we have is a simulator driver, inside that driver, it will periodcally send RFID and barcode data to the activex control.

so in the sample html pages, you can view the sample data.

regarding your scenario, if you have a real device, say Intermec IP4 or Symbol MC9000, it's quite easy. just read in the barcode to your jsp page, write a small jsp application and get the data from db. that's it..

but if you want to build this app in simulator, you need to implement such simulator by yourself.

Thanks
    Ramon