This discussion is archived
6 Replies Latest reply: Sep 1, 2007 8:16 AM by 352373 RSS

multi org???

577734 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
I have been trying to understand Multiorg for quite some time now...but still i am confused..can any one please tell multiorg concept practically...i mean taking example of an organization which has offices may be say in two countries and subsequently in many cities....
  • 1. Re: multi org???
    TimW Oracle ACE
    Multiorg allows you to represent the structure of a company which has multiple legal entities and operating units, in a single database.

The multiorg architecture is defined by creating multiple business groups. The business group is a special type of organization and contains details of the flexfield structures and legislation/currency. This allows you to define different structures and rules for different countries. Each BG can have its own set of books.

Other structures you define are legal entities, which post to a set of books, and operating units which are part of a legal entity.

The e-Business suite is implicitly multiorg, even if you only have one BG.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Tim
  • 2. Re: multi org???
    577734 Newbie
    what exactly is legal entity???
  • 3. Re: multi org???
    TimW Oracle ACE
    An organization that represents a legal company for which you prepare fiscal or tax
    reports. You assign tax identifiers and other relevant information to this entity.

Suggest you look at some of the Financials documentation (User Guides, implementation guides for more information).

Regards

Tim
  • 4. Re: multi org???
    Sunilgks Newbie
    Drop me an email to sunilgks@gmail.com if you need documents on multi-org concepts and while papers.
  • 5. Re: multi org???
    428652 Newbie
    You can download the implementation guide from Metalink.

Oracle® Applications Multiple Organizations
    Implementation Guide
    Release 12
    Part No. B31183-02
  • 6. Re: multi org???
    352373 Newbie
    Hi,

I am looking for a presentation that can explain Multi-org architecture to a senior executive. If anyone has anything I can leverage or recycle, please send it my email id vgattani@yahoo.com

Vivek Gattani