This discussion is archived
1 8 9 10 11 12 14 Previous Next 201 Replies Latest reply: Oct 30, 2007 4:38 AM by 478676 Go to original post RSS
  • 135. Re: APEX 3.1 Enhancements
    FMignault Oracle ACE
    Currently Being Moderated
    Thanks John,

Geez, there are so many new things ... :))

But , Still, I tried that and it is giving me changes even if I just export and import and compare without changing anything.

What would be nice , it's just to see what pages and shared components changed between the Development database and the production database for a specific application.

Especially that now we can import applications from sqldevelopper. I guess that would be a nice feature to put there.

I suppose that is feasible using the Apex views.

Francis.
  • 136. Re: APEX 3.1 Enhancement Request: Flexible URL
    WilliFirulais Newbie
    Hallo,

It would be very nice that the URLs that will be generated can be configured as mentioned in:

Re: Nice URLs for HTML DB?

Then this can be combined with Apache rewrites.
    This would be a very cool feature for public internet applications.

Maybe this could be implemented in some form of hookpoints or callbacks (as the page_sentry function). e.g. see if in the application schema in the database exists some function and use this, otherwise use the standard function. Using a plsql function for that would give apex the security that basic user do not use that feature and let the URLs untouched - but more experienced user are able to combine the URL format with some Apache rewrite format. Give the developer some possiblity to develop - this makes a framework realy great.

Thx, regards Willi
  • 137. Re: APEX 3.1 Enhancement: Popup List of Values
    WilliFirulais Newbie
    Hallo,

A "Popup List of Values" like a "Popup LOV (ajax autocomplete)"

If there would be a checkbox in the "List of Values" section that can be checked for "autocomplete" this would be realy great.

Such a thing currently possible with some programming but it would be nice to use the ajax features in a declarative way in todays Web 2.0 applications.

The Text enter field may look up the auto complete values in the List of Values that are defined for this item by htmldb_Get.GetAsync. There are a lot of examples out there for such a "autocomplete component".

Thx & regards Willi
  • 138. Re: APEX 3.1 Enhancements
    476328 Newbie
    I would love to have the ability to change an LOV type from static to dynamic and then push this change out to all subscribed copies.

My specific favorite use would be when we have a Static LOV which has been copied and subscribed to by a number of applications, which then needs to become a Dynamic LOV.

Creating a new LOV, copy/subscribing it all over again and removing the old one is an extremely time consuming process if you have a ton of applications and pages.

Thanks for the consideration!
  • 139. Re: APEX 3.1 Enhancements
    WilliFirulais Newbie
    ... a view new themes:

* one that looks like the new oracle procucts - mainly blue with a view background images - (like BPEL, Stellant, etc.)

* one aready ajax enabled with components like in the web center (similar to ria components), this means web 2.0 enabled (e.g. tables with sizeable columsn, etc.) and some ajax peristence mechanism for personalization of such dynamic templates/components.

* one template set that correspons to the css zen themes to get up and running with realy cool themes. (e.g. http://antenna.readalittle.net/thumblink/zenGarden/ ) in a short time - by chaning the css. (Currently the css classes are changed using a different theme)

* one template that corresponds to the portlet standard css id's and classes.

Thx, Willi
  • 140. Re: APEX 3.1 Enhancements
    578547 Newbie
    Hi,

The posibility to choose an additional avg() instead of the built-in sum() for the totals would be very helpful for the most of my reports.
    Very often there's a column with percent-values an there is no sense to sum
    but to get the average.

More consistent behavior. For example: the path for an image. Sometimes
    youm need a complete html-tag: < img src.....>, in other cases only the
    simple filename like image.gif.
    In other fields you need a substitution like #WORKSPACE_IMAGE#
    or not (because it is already in the template).
    That's all confusing and takes a lot of time to find out the correct way.

More meaningfull online-help.
    A pretty good example for a fine solution comes with creating lovs page:
    little code snippets give you immediately the informations you want,
    but in the most cases the help windows are telling you a lot of words with
    not so clear informations.

lothar
  • 141. Re: APEX 3.1 Enhancements
    sky123 Newbie
    Is there any plan that Oracle will include AnyChart Gantt Chart in APEX?

Thanks.
    Andy
  • 142. Re: APEX 3.1 Enhancements
    590475 Newbie
    Coming in fresh from a .Net development background of 5 years - Ihave to say it was nice to drag and drop objects such as text boxes, datagrids, drop downs straight to the form was wonderful. That is like painting the form (I imagine Oracle Forms is like that too) and no need to worry about regions/display points.

Oracle Forms would be good too but it requires client downloads (be it seamless and automatic).

Maybe - we could simply drag and drop objects onto the form and do away with Regions?

Thanks
  • 143. Re: APEX 3.1 Enhancements
    357241 Oracle ACE
    Hello,

Have you tried the drag and drop for region items in 3.0 ?

Carl
  • 144. Re: APEX 3.1 Enhancements
    Arie Geller Guru
    Hello,

Adding new computation point to Computations – I believe it could be helpful to add another computation point – after submit and after validation.

In the current situation you can define a computation for a page item, based on another page item, and it would be fired before any validation had been fired. In my personal case, I have a hidden item of type Database Column, which should be populate using SQL query in which the where clause is a page item that can’t be null. Although I defined a not null validation, it’s not affecting the computation, which issues an error page in case of a null item.

I know this situation can be resolved using a PL/SQL process (after submit – after computations and validations) but that can be said about any computation.

Regards,
    Arie.
  • 145. Re: APEX 3.1 Enhancements
    Marc Sewtz Pro
    I'm currently working my way through this thread, collecting ideas and feature requests for our next major release of Application Express. A few comments were related to XE, our samples, and packaged apps, so I just wanted to post a few clarifications and updates:

Several new 3.0 (and later) compatible packaged applications, including Customer Tracker, Knowledge Testing, and Timesheets, are now available and can be downloaded here:

http://www.oracle.com/technology/products/database/application_express/packaged_apps/packaged_apps.html

Oracle Database 10g Express Edition (Oracle Database XE) includes Oracle Application Express (Oracle APEX) release 2.1 With our recent release of Oracle Application Express 3.0.1, you can now upgrade the Application Express version within your Oracle Database XE and this will enable you to use the above mentioned packages applications. The following page provides information on how to upgrade Oracle XE:

http://www.oracle.com/technology/products/database/application_express/html/3.0.1_and_xe.html

Regards,

Marc
  • 146. Re: APEX 3.1 Enhancements
    DietmarAust Oracle ACE
    Hi,

I don't know whether this has been mentioned before.

Right now using a session variable :P1_X doesn't return an error when the variable doesn't exist anymore. Even v('P1_X') will simply return null.

If items are changed (I do this quite often when the data model changes) then I would have to manually look through the code to find all occurences. I would rather have a compile time or runtime error.

Thanks,
    ~Dietmar.
  • 147. Re: APEX 3.1 Enhancements
    135285 Oracle ACE
    I would also like to vote for Dietmar's concern about page/application items which do not exist. That's sometimes really hard to find. Not only when you rename them, also when you have a typo when you write the code the first time...

At least a runtime error would be a nice thing.

Thanks
    Patrick
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    My APEX Blog: http://inside-apex.blogspot.com
    The ApexLib Framework: http://apexlib.sourceforge.net
    The APEX Builder Plugin: http://sourceforge.net/projects/apexplugin/
  • 148. Re: APEX 3.1 Enhancements
    591147 Newbie
    I would like to have possibility to:
    1) display longer text than 32K in one item without complicated programing in javascript and AJAX
    2) what about HTML Editor and images in one with possibility to store it in DB?

Mike
  • 149. Re: APEX 3.1 Enhancements
    Marc Sewtz Pro
    Patrick, Dietmar:

I just entered this as an enhancement request the other day (show error when bind item doesn't exist). Can't promise that it'll make it, but at least it's in the system.

Mike: the 32k limit is another area that we'd like to address, the difficulty in the case is mod_plsql which only supports 32k for each item. So it's not as simple as switching from varchar2 to CLOB.

Regards,
    Marc
1 8 9 10 11 12 14 Previous Next