I all of a sudden started to receive the error: FRM-40202: Field must be entered followed by: FRM-40222: Disabled item 'item_name' failed validation.
I modified my form but never touched the trigger for the "WHEN-VALIDATE-ITEM" of the "item_name" in question.
Is there a different order of when triggers fire now?
I have a WHEN-NEW-FORM-INSTANCE, then on the main datablock I have a WHEN-NEW-RECORD-INSTANCE and a WHEN-NEW-ITEM-INSTANCE. Yet there has been no change from the previous source controlled version and the current one.
I'm on Forms [32 Bit] Version 126.96.36.199.19 (Production)
Oracle9i Enterprise Edition Release 188.8.131.52.0 - Production
With the Partitioning option
JServer Release 184.108.40.206.0 - Production
Oracle Toolkit Version 220.127.116.11.31 (Production)
PL/SQL Version 18.104.22.168.1 (Production)
Oracle Procedure Builder V22.214.171.124.0 Build #1641 - Production
I have the same problem...
The solution to set the "Required" property to "No" seems to work for some of you, but in my case the field already has this property set to No.
Does someone now if there is another solution?
I'm working with Forms 6i, but I generate my form by using Designer (also 6i).
I've changed a field from a table used by the form, from number to varchar2. Therefore I changed the data type of this field in the form, but the item from the error message is not the field I've changed...
There are no problems while compiling, only when I run the form...
I didn't change anything else, except the data type of the changed field.
So module designer user still exist ? ;-)
I just switched work and her e they are using it too... for now ;-) I'm in charge to get rid of it
But for you problem
So you did change the datatype as well on your table design as on the module design field. In both you have the requiered/mandatory parameter in the parameter list. These are set correct? both to no?
The item you get the error on is it mandatory , are those settings correct on both sides?
other possibility is to open your generated fmb in forms builder, take a look there and try to run it with the debugger on, ( I always do this because I don't know designer that well) normally you should be able to track where the mandatory is still active.
(I'm more a 9i / 10g forms guy ;-) )
Hope it helps
I just started to learn forms and designer, so I'm also not the big specialist...
That's why there are forums for ;-)
I've checked the changes on the table field in Designer, in Forms builder and also in the table itself and the properties are ok.
The item in error is not mandatory and the settings are ok as well...
I also can't find anything wrong using the debugger :-(
I'm starting to become nervous now :-)
I found it!
In my WHEN-NEW-FORM-INSTANCE trigger was a line to put the visible property of that item to false... But when I have a look at the item properties, visible is put to 'Yes'.
I have that line in comment now, and it's working!