This discussion is archived
1 2 3 4 5 6 Previous Next 77 Replies Latest reply: Nov 9, 2010 3:05 AM by 410021 Go to original post RSS
  • 30. Re: Dealing with changing service wsdl locations  in the ESB
    130180 Newbie
    Currently Being Moderated
    Thanks Richard

The <serviceDefinition> tag should be at the same level as the <invocation> tag I have now found....

Works though, so thanks for letting us know how to fix it! I agree, it is either inconsistency in JDeveloper project creation or, an error in the deployment tool where JMS is concerned!!

Cheers

Chris
  • 31. Re: Dealing with changing service wsdl locations  in the ESB
    473762 Newbie
    Thanks Richard for your persistence. Can you please open a support request with all of these details and insist they open a bug per the ESB PM :) Send me the bug# when it is created and I'll push for a fix.
  • 32. Re: Dealing with changing service wsdl locations  in the ESB
    519522 Newbie
    Chris, I had completely forgotten about this, but it looks like I pulled oraesb.jar off my production 10g app server and put it in my classpath when I was first trying to get this running back in early May.

...richard
  • 33. Re: Dealing with changing service wsdl locations  in the ESB
    519522 Newbie
    SR #6350600.994

Thanks!
  • 34. Re: Dealing with changing service wsdl locations  in the ESB
    130180 Newbie
    Thanks for that Richard.

If that's the only file you need from SOA Suite, then I can live with that.

Cheers

Chris
  • 35. Re: Dealing with changing service wsdl locations  in the ESB
    130180 Newbie
    Hi Dave/Richard/James and all interested parties!

I seem to have found another problem with the Extract Deployment Plan script.

I've created a number of ESB artifacts that are common to a number of other ESB processes. I link them together by calling an existing ESB Routing Service from an ESB, which then adds the .esbsvc descriptors to my process (I assume just to enable them to be seen in the diagram). Doing this does not import the wsdl's etc which is good.

However, if I then try to extract these ESB projects, I get the following error:

internal.ExtractESBDeploymentPlan:
    [echo] -- EXTRACTING ESBCRMCitizen --
    [delete] Deleting: M:\code\solihull\jdev\ESBCRMCitizen\deployment\devDeploymentPlan.xml
    [extractESBDeploymentPlan] java.lang.Exception: Programming Error : Adapter Service <PostCitizen> does not have an assoc
    iated WSDL artifact
    [extractESBDeploymentPlan] at oracle.tip.esb.jdev.artifacts.model.ESBAdapterServiceArtifactContent.getDeploymentPro
    perties(ESBAdapterServiceArtifactContent.java:154)
    [extractESBDeploymentPlan] at oracle.tip.esb.client.anttasks.ExtractESBDeploymentPlanTask.hydrateServiceDeploymentP
    lans(ExtractESBDeploymentPlanTask.java:372)
    [extractESBDeploymentPlan] at oracle.tip.esb.client.anttasks.ExtractESBDeploymentPlanTask.constructDeploymentPlan(E
    xtractESBDeploymentPlanTask.java:477)
    [extractESBDeploymentPlan] at oracle.tip.esb.client.anttasks.ExtractESBDeploymentPlanTask.execute(ExtractESBDeploym
    entPlanTask.java:543)
    [extractESBDeploymentPlan] at org.apache.tools.ant.UnknownElement.execute(UnknownElement.java:288)
    [extractESBDeploymentPlan] at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor15.invoke(Unknown Source)
    [extractESBDeploymentPlan] at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)

[extractESBDeploymentPlan] at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:585)
    [extractESBDeploymentPlan] at org.apache.tools.ant.dispatch.DispatchUtils.execute(DispatchUtils.java:105)
    [extractESBDeploymentPlan] at org.apache.tools.ant.Task.perform(Task.java:348)
    [extractESBDeploymentPlan] at org.apache.tools.ant.Target.execute(Target.java:357)
    [extractESBDeploymentPlan] at org.apache.tools.ant.Target.performTasks(Target.java:385)
    [extractESBDeploymentPlan] at org.apache.tools.ant.Project.executeSortedTargets(Project.java:1329)
    [extractESBDeploymentPlan] at org.apache.tools.ant.helper.SingleCheckExecutor.executeTargets(SingleCheckExecutor.ja
    va:38)
    [extractESBDeploymentPlan] at org.apache.tools.ant.Project.executeTargets(Project.java:1181)
    [extractESBDeploymentPlan] at org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.Ant.execute(Ant.java:416)
    [extractESBDeploymentPlan] at org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.CallTarget.execute(CallTarget.java:105)
    [extractESBDeploymentPlan] at org.apache.tools.ant.UnknownElement.execute(UnknownElement.java:288)
    [extractESBDeploymentPlan] at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor15.invoke(Unknown Source)
    [extractESBDeploymentPlan] at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)

[extractESBDeploymentPlan] at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:585)
    [extractESBDeploymentPlan] at org.apache.tools.ant.dispatch.DispatchUtils.execute(DispatchUtils.java:105)
    [extractESBDeploymentPlan] at org.apache.tools.ant.Task.perform(Task.java:348)
    [extractESBDeploymentPlan] at org.apache.tools.ant.Target.execute(Target.java:357)
    [extractESBDeploymentPlan] at org.apache.tools.ant.Target.performTasks(Target.java:385)
    [extractESBDeploymentPlan] at org.apache.tools.ant.Project.executeSortedTargets(Project.java:1329)
    [extractESBDeploymentPlan] at org.apache.tools.ant.Project.executeTarget(Project.java:1298)
    [extractESBDeploymentPlan] at org.apache.tools.ant.helper.DefaultExecutor.executeTargets(DefaultExecutor.java:41)
    [extractESBDeploymentPlan] at org.apache.tools.ant.Project.executeTargets(Project.java:1181)
    [extractESBDeploymentPlan] at org.apache.tools.ant.Main.runBuild(Main.java:698)
    [extractESBDeploymentPlan] at org.apache.tools.ant.Main.startAnt(Main.java:199)
    [extractESBDeploymentPlan] at org.apache.tools.ant.launch.Launcher.run(Launcher.java:257)
    [extractESBDeploymentPlan] at org.apache.tools.ant.launch.Launcher.main(Launcher.java:104)

BUILD FAILED
    M:\code\solihull\jdev\Resources\deploy\build.xml:185: The following error occurred while executing this line:
    M:\code\solihull\jdev\Resources\deploy\lib\cb-ant-oracle.xml:159: java.lang.Exception: Programming Error : Adapter Servi
    ce <PostCitizen> does not have an associated WSDL artifact

This is valid, as the .esbsvc does not have a .wsdl.

Now, is this my fault for doing something not in best practice, or an issue with JDeveloper, or the extract script?

Any thoughts?

Chris
  • 36. Re: Dealing with changing service wsdl locations  in the ESB
    248059 Newbie
    Hi chriseb,

I am facing the similar problem while trying ExtractESBDeploymentPlan. Error message says that 'Unable to locate jaxb.properties for package oracle.tip.esb.client.metadata.deploymentplan.model'. You said you resolved it by removing one ant location. Can you explain it in detail.
  • 37. Re: Dealing with changing service wsdl locations  in the ESB
    Eric Elzinga Oracle ACE
    i assume you already added the jaxb libraries to your project?
  • 38. Re: Dealing with changing service wsdl locations  in the ESB
    591701 Newbie
    Hi All,

First i had extracted the deployment plan and executed the test.DeployESBSuitcase ant task to make the deploy of my esb project and i was facing the following problem:

C:\Projetos\Teste\WSDLAddressESB>C:\Java\apache-ant-1.7.0\bin\ant -f build.xml test.DeployESBSuitcase
    Buildfile: build.xml

test.DeployESBSuitcase:
    [deployESBSuitcase] Deployment Attempt Response :
    [deployESBSuitcase] <deploymentSummary>
    [deployESBSuitcase] <message>Entity Deployment Failed</message>
    [deployESBSuitcase] <errors>
    [deployESBSuitcase] <error code="1000" severity="5">
    [deployESBSuitcase] <description>Error:Invalid UTF8 encoding.. Please see the DT Server log for details</description>
    [deployESBSuitcase] <fix>Contact Oracle Support</fix>
    [deployESBSuitcase] </error>
    [deployESBSuitcase] </errors>
    [deployESBSuitcase] </deploymentSummary>
    [deployESBSuitcase]
    [deployESBSuitcase]
    [deployESBSuitcase] Deployment Failed ...Unhandled Exception
    [deployESBSuitcase] java.lang.Exception: Deployment attempt failed, please review deployment attempt response above
    [deployESBSuitcase]      at oracle.tip.esb.client.anttasks.DeploymentHelper.deploy(DeploymentHelper.java:112)
    [deployESBSuitcase]      at oracle.tip.esb.client.anttasks.DeploymentHelper.deploy(DeploymentHelper.java:159)
    [deployESBSuitcase]      at oracle.tip.esb.client.anttasks.DeployESBSuitcaseTask.execute(DeployESBSuitcaseTask.java:510)
    [deployESBSuitcase]      at org.apache.tools.ant.UnknownElement.execute(UnknownElement.java:288)
    [deployESBSuitcase]      at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
    [deployESBSuitcase]      at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
    [deployESBSuitcase]      at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
    [deployESBSuitcase]      at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:585)
    [deployESBSuitcase]      at org.apache.tools.ant.dispatch.DispatchUtils.execute(DispatchUtils.java:105)
    [deployESBSuitcase]      at org.apache.tools.ant.Task.perform(Task.java:348)
    [deployESBSuitcase]      at org.apache.tools.ant.Target.execute(Target.java:357)
    [deployESBSuitcase]      at org.apache.tools.ant.Target.performTasks(Target.java:385)
    [deployESBSuitcase]      at org.apache.tools.ant.Project.executeSortedTargets(Project.java:1329)
    [deployESBSuitcase]      at org.apache.tools.ant.Project.executeTarget(Project.java:1298)
    [deployESBSuitcase]      at org.apache.tools.ant.helper.DefaultExecutor.executeTargets(DefaultExecutor.java:41)
    [deployESBSuitcase]      at org.apache.tools.ant.Project.executeTargets(Project.java:1181)
    [deployESBSuitcase]      at org.apache.tools.ant.Main.runBuild(Main.java:698)
    [deployESBSuitcase]      at org.apache.tools.ant.Main.startAnt(Main.java:199)
    [deployESBSuitcase]      at org.apache.tools.ant.launch.Launcher.run(Launcher.java:257)
    [deployESBSuitcase]      at org.apache.tools.ant.launch.Launcher.main(Launcher.java:104)
    STDERR:
    BUILD FAILED
    C:\Projetos\Teste\WSDLAddressESB\build.xml:60: java.lang.Exception: Deployment attempt failed, please review deployment attempt response above

Total time: 3 seconds

After that i had changed the plan file to UTF-8 (usin WordPad save as command) and when i execute the test.DeployESBProjects ant task without the deployment plan, it works fine !!! now when i do it passing a deployment plan (test.DeployESBSuitcase ant task) it gives me the following error as bellow:

C:\Projetos\Teste\WSDLAddressESB>C:\Java\apache-ant-1.7.0\bin\ant -f build.xml test.DeployESBSuitcase
    Buildfile: build.xml

test.DeployESBSuitcase:
    [deployESBSuitcase] java.lang.Exception: !!! Error Detected when reading the Deployment Plan <C:\Projetos\Teste\WSDLAddressESB\testDeploymentPlan.xml> !!!
    [deployESBSuitcase] Please verify that the Deployment Plan was previously extracted against the given ESB Project : C:\Projetos\Teste\WSDLAddressESB
    [deployESBSuitcase]
    [deployESBSuitcase]      at oracle.tip.esb.client.anttasks.DeployESBSuitcaseTask.hydrateDeploymentPlan(DeployESBSuitcaseTask.java:177)
    [deployESBSuitcase]      at oracle.tip.esb.client.anttasks.DeployESBSuitcaseTask.execute(DeployESBSuitcaseTask.java:493)
    [deployESBSuitcase]      at org.apache.tools.ant.UnknownElement.execute(UnknownElement.java:288)
    [deployESBSuitcase]      at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
    [deployESBSuitcase]      at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
    [deployESBSuitcase]      at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
    [deployESBSuitcase]      at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:585)
    [deployESBSuitcase]      at org.apache.tools.ant.dispatch.DispatchUtils.execute(DispatchUtils.java:105)
    [deployESBSuitcase]      at org.apache.tools.ant.Task.perform(Task.java:348)
    [deployESBSuitcase]      at org.apache.tools.ant.Target.execute(Target.java:357)
    [deployESBSuitcase]      at org.apache.tools.ant.Target.performTasks(Target.java:385)
    [deployESBSuitcase]      at org.apache.tools.ant.Project.executeSortedTargets(Project.java:1329)
    [deployESBSuitcase]      at org.apache.tools.ant.Project.executeTarget(Project.java:1298)
    [deployESBSuitcase]      at org.apache.tools.ant.helper.DefaultExecutor.executeTargets(DefaultExecutor.java:41)
    [deployESBSuitcase]      at org.apache.tools.ant.Project.executeTargets(Project.java:1181)
    [deployESBSuitcase]      at org.apache.tools.ant.Main.runBuild(Main.java:698)
    [deployESBSuitcase]      at org.apache.tools.ant.Main.startAnt(Main.java:199)
    [deployESBSuitcase]      at org.apache.tools.ant.launch.Launcher.run(Launcher.java:257)
    [deployESBSuitcase]      at org.apache.tools.ant.launch.Launcher.main(Launcher.java:104)
    STDERR:
    BUILD FAILED
    C:\Projetos\Teste\WSDLAddressESB\build.xml:60: java.lang.Exception: !!! Error Detected when reading the Deployment Plan <C:\Projetos\Teste\WSDLAddressESB\testDeploymentPlan.xml> !!!
    Please verify that the Deployment Plan was previously extracted against the given ESB Project : C:\Projetos\Teste\WSDLAddressESB

Total time: 2 seconds

samebody can help me on this case ?

thanks all.
  • 39. Re: Dealing with changing service wsdl locations  in the ESB
    248059 Newbie
    Problem got solved by adding ant 1.7 binaries in path.
  • 40. Re: Dealing with changing service wsdl locations  in the ESB
    571736 Newbie
    Hi Chris,

In what way are you linking the services together?
    Do you create a SOAP service based on the WSDL URL for the ESB Routing Service you are calling?
    Or are you referencing the ESB Routing Service from within the Routing Rule which offers a browser that allows you to handpick the service you want to connect to?

In the latter case it seems as though the link is not based on the WSDL URL but sort of hard-linked using the guid of the service you intend to call. Using the latter approach, we are not able to deploy to different environments using the Extract Deployment Plan approach.

Sjoerd
  • 41. Re: Dealing with changing service wsdl locations  in the ESB
    130180 Newbie
    Thanks Sjoerd

Correct, I was using the 2nd approach. However, I have subsequently given up on this idea and implemented differently, so I can deploy now.

Cheers

Chris
  • 42. Re: Dealing with changing service wsdl locations  in the ESB
    571736 Newbie
    Great, that confirms my findings; at least I am not the only one running into problems with it ;-)
    I feel it is strange that Oracle hardwires services using generated, technical guids. We refrain from using this option in our project as it gives too many deployment problems.

Cheers, Sjoerd
  • 43. Re: Dealing with changing service wsdl locations  in the ESB
    589072 Newbie
    I'm also getting frustrated in trying to setup ant build scripts for ESB deployments.
    Unfortunately, I'm a bit behind everyone else in the development of this process.

The progress so far -

(1) Got ESB Jar from here

http://www.oracle.com/technology/products/integration/esb/files/esbdeploymentautomation.zip .

(2) I'm running

* Oracle 10.1.3.3.0
    * Oracles ant 1.6.5

(3) jaxb.properties not found

To overcome this error - I've added the file into the ESBMetadataMigration.jar, into location

oracle/tip/esb/client/metadata/deploymentplan/model

with the value

javax.xml.bind.context.factory = oracle.xml.jaxb.JaxbContextImpl

(4) I've updated the ESBMetadataMigrationTaskdefs.xml file with the following JAR's from this edition
    of Oracle's server -

<pathelement location="${imported.lib}/ESBMetadataMigration.jar"/>
    <pathelement location="${imported.lib}/commons-httpclient-3.0.1.jar"/>
    <pathelement location="${imported.lib}/xmlparserv2.jar"/>
    <pathelement location="${imported.lib}/commons-logging.jar"/>
    <pathelement location="${imported.lib}/commons-codec-1.3.jar"/>
    <pathelement location="${imported.lib}/oraesb.jar"/>
    <pathelement location="${imported.lib}/xml.jar"/>

Where xml.jar is from Oracles server %ORACLE_HOME%\lib directory

Current problems -

(1) I can't extract deployment plan. This fails with exception -

BUILD FAILED
         java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: javax.xml.bind.Marshaller.setSchema(Ljavax/xml/validation/Schema;)V

(2) When deploying it fails to find service operations. Looking at the BPEL processes deployed on the server shows that they are missing from the ESB console but are showing up on the BPEL console.

Any ideas?

- frank
  • 44. Re: Dealing with changing service wsdl locations  in the ESB
    571736 Newbie
    Hi Frank,

We got the package to work using Ant 1.7.0.
    Also: did you actually install/unpack the Jaxb Jar?

Hang in there,
    Sjoerd