7 Replies Latest reply on Aug 23, 2007 2:00 PM by 566709

DBTableOraDataSourceLoginModule

Hi everyone,

I read in nearly every paper that the module DBTableOraDataSourceLoginModule is included in JDeveloper 10.1.3.2 and in OC4J but i cannot find it. Can anyone please help me as i followed the Frank's instructions (http://www.oracle.com/technology/products/jdev/howtos/1013/oc4jjaas/oc4j_jaas_login_module.htm) but with not luck.

Thanks
      Antonis
        • 1. Re: DBTableOraDataSourceLoginModule
          jflack
          Have you followed the instructions in the Troubleshooting section of the article? Specifically, did you turn on logging? I found the log to be a great help in diagnosing problems and getting this to work.
          • 2. Re: DBTableOraDataSourceLoginModule
            Frank Nimphius-Oracle
            Hi,

help is only as good as the question. What is the problem when you say "but with not luck"?

Frank
            • 3. Re: DBTableOraDataSourceLoginModule
              I have followed the document step by step. When i try to access a restricted page, instead of showing me the login screen i get permission denied page.

Also i tried in my directory of JDeveloper to find the DBTableOraDataSourceLoginModule jar file (also tried to search for DBLoginModule.jar) but i didn't find it. I am using JDeveloper 10.1.3.2.

Thanks
              Antonis
              • 4. Re: DBTableOraDataSourceLoginModule
                Frank Nimphius-Oracle
                Hi,

DBTableOraDataSourceLoginModule doesn't eist in its own jar file. It is part of the JAZN Core jar file located in jdev/j2ee/home

If you run the app from the JDeveloper IDE you should see a message log printed telling you about what happens within teh login module. This print out includes the security roles aplied to the authenticated user. If you can see this, does it contain the required security role ? Make sure the security role in the database matches the security role name in the web.xml file.

If you don't see anything printed in teh Log window, open SQL Plus, connect as system and type

select username from v$session to see if the LogiNModule could connect to the database

Frank
                • 5. Re: DBTableOraDataSourceLoginModule
                  I will try to start the tutorial from the begining and let you know.

Thanks
                  Antonis
                  • 6. Re: DBTableOraDataSourceLoginModule
                    Hi there!

I also have a problem following that example. When trying to run the application I get the missing class WARNING:

23.8.2007 13:47:19 oracle.security.jazn.oc4j.OC4JUtil doJAASLogin
                    WARNING: unable to find LoginModule class:

Missing class:
                    oracle.security.jazn.login.module.db.DBTableOraDataSourceLoginModule

Dependent class: javax.security.auth.login.LoginContext
                         Loader: jre.bootstrap:1.5.0_06
                         Code-Source: unknown
                         Configuration: jre bootstrap

This load was initiated at current-workspace-app.web.MY_WEB_APP_NAME:0.0.0 using the Class.forName() method.

The missing class is not available from any code-source or loader in the system.
                    javax.security.auth.login.LoginException: unable to find LoginModule class:

Missing class:

Dependent class: javax.security.auth.login.LoginContext
                         Loader: jre.bootstrap:1.5.0_06
                         Code-Source: unknown
                         Configuration: jre bootstrap

This load was initiated at current-workspace-app.web.MY_WEB_APP_NAME:0.0.0 using the Class.forName() method.

The missing class is not available from any code-source or loader in the system.
                         at javax.security.auth.login.LoginContext.invoke(LoginContext.java:808)
                         at javax.security.auth.login.LoginContext.access$000(LoginContext.java:186)
                         at javax.security.auth.login.LoginContext$4.run(LoginContext.java:683)
                         at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
                         at javax.security.auth.login.LoginContext.invokePriv(LoginContext.java:680)
                         at javax.security.auth.login.LoginContext.login(LoginContext.java:579)
                         at oracle.security.jazn.oc4j.OC4JUtil.doJAASLogin(OC4JUtil.java:241)
                         at oracle.security.jazn.oc4j.GenericUser$1.run(JAZNUserManager.java:818)
                         at oracle.security.jazn.oc4j.OC4JUtil.doWithJAZNClsLdr(OC4JUtil.java:173)
                         at oracle.security.jazn.oc4j.GenericUser.authenticate(JAZNUserManager.java:814)
                         at oracle.security.jazn.oc4j.FilterUser.authenticate(JAZNUserManager.java:1143)
                         at com.evermind.server.http.HttpRequestHandler.doProcessRequest(HttpRequestHandler.java:707)
                         at com.evermind.server.http.HttpRequestHandler.processRequest(HttpRequestHandler.java:453)
                         at com.evermind.server.http.HttpRequestHandler.serveOneRequest(HttpRequestHandler.java:221)
                         at com.evermind.server.http.HttpRequestHandler.run(HttpRequestHandler.java:122)
                         at com.evermind.server.http.HttpRequestHandler.run(HttpRequestHandler.java:111)
                         at oracle.oc4j.network.ServerSocketReadHandler$SafeRunnable.run(ServerSocketReadHandler.java:260)
                         at oracle.oc4j.network.ServerSocketAcceptHandler.procClientSocket(ServerSocketAcceptHandler.java:239)
                         at oracle.oc4j.network.ServerSocketAcceptHandler.access$700(ServerSocketAcceptHandler.java:34)
                         at oracle.oc4j.network.ServerSocketAcceptHandler$AcceptHandlerHorse.run(ServerSocketAcceptHandler.java:880)
                         at com.evermind.util.ReleasableResourcePooledExecutor$MyWorker.run(ReleasableResourcePooledExecutor.java:303)
                         at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:595)

Shouldn't this class be simply found? Is there something wrong with app names? I dont have current-workspace-app for my application name in JDeveloper.

Regards!
                    • 7. Re: DBTableOraDataSourceLoginModule
                      I solved this: the problem was in system-jazn-data.xml file where I had
                      <class>
                      </class>

instead of

<class>oracle.security.jazn.login.module.db.DBTableOraDataSourceLoginModule</class> (no line breaks)

Bye!