4 Replies Latest reply: Sep 14, 2007 5:20 AM by 597094 RSS

XML Template - PL/SQL triggers as XSL-FO

Hey,
      Anyone have idea on using PL/SQL code in XML templates using XSL-FO.
      I have some pl/sql in format triggers to be included in template.
      Please suggest how to do that

Thanks,
      Sha
        • 1. Re: XML Template - PL/SQL triggers as XSL-FO
          HI ,
          There is functionality in bi report that u can use the triggers in data template code by calling the pl/sql package in data template .
          also there is no such way that u write format trigger in data template... as its not updated yet... but if u want to handle any formatting ... in bi report u can do it while designing the rtf layout for your report .... please study userguide ,you will get the solution for formating the columns or field on the basis of your requirement.
          If u want to know how to use the pl/sql packagein data template ... let me know ur mail id... i will mail u one example .
          Regards
          Ratnesh P
          • 2. Re: XML Template - PL/SQL triggers as XSL-FO
            Hi Ratnesh,
            Thanks for that reply. I have many pl/sql code in my format trigger which i need to include into template.
            Please mail me your sample template.
            shankarapps@gmail.com

Thanks
            Sha
            • 3. Re: XML Template - PL/SQL triggers as XSL-FO
              HI,
              I dont have sample template ... but i suggest u to check the userguide ... there u will find how to format the columns and fields.
              i am sending u the data template file on ur id ....how to use the trigger,
              regards
              RatneshP
              • 4. Re: XML Template - PL/SQL triggers as XSL-FO
                Thanks for sending me the files for reference. They were really useful.
                Do you have any idea on how to bring in the format triggers. The XML file that you shared is handling datatriggers like beforereport trigger. I need to bring my format trigger plsql code. Wondering if we need to make changes in the XML or in the TEMPALTE.
                Any suggestions.

Thanks,
                Sha