This discussion is archived
2 Replies Latest reply: Jul 23, 2007 11:30 AM by 3004 RSS

Max Value

3004 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
<p>I am new to Essbase and find it very good.</p><p>I have a little problem:</p><p>I have a measure member called Salary and want to get themaximum and minimum value of  "Salary".</p><p>Off course, not the absolute maximum or minimum value of salarybut in function of other dimensions values.</p><p>I have put a measure called MaxSalary and another calledMinSalary, but i dont know how to implement the formula of thesetwo measures.</p><p>Could you help me plz?</p><p> </p><p>Thanks.</p><p> </p><p>Adel</p>
  • 1. Max Value
    3004 Newbie
    @MAXRANGE<BR>Returns the maximum value of the specified member across the specified range of members.<BR><BR>Syntax<BR>@MAXRANGE (mbrName [ ,XrangeList]) <BR><BR>mbrName Any valid single member name or member combination, or a function that returns a single member or member combination. <BR>XrangeList A valid member name, a comma-delimited list of member names, cross-dimension members, or a member set function or range function (including @XRANGE) that returns a list of members from the same dimension. If XrangeList is not specified, Analytic Services uses the level 0 members from the dimension tagged as time. <BR><BR>Notes<BR>Depending on the values in the list, @MAXRANGE may return a zero(0) or #MISSING value. For full control over skipping or inclusion of zero(0) and #MISSING values, it is recommended to use @MAXSRANGE instead of @MAXRANGE.<BR><BR>Example<BR>In the Sample Basic database: <BR><BR>Qtr1 = @MAXRANGE(Sales,@CHILDREN(Qtr1));<BR><BR>produces the following report:<BR><BR> Colas New York Actual     <BR> Jan Feb Mar Qtr1<BR> === === === ====<BR>Sales 678 645 675 678 <BR><BR>See Also<BR>@MAXSRANGE<BR>@MAXS<BR>@MINSRANGE <BR><BR><BR>@MINRANGE<BR>Returns the minimum value of mbrName across XrangeList.<BR><BR>Syntax<BR>@MINRANGE (mbrName [ ,XrangeList])<BR><BR>mbrName Any valid single member name or member combination, or a function that returns a single member or member combination. <BR>XrangeList Optional. A valid member name, a comma-delimited list of member names, cross dimension members, or a member set function or range function (including @XRANGE) that returns a list of members from the same dimension. If XrangeList is not specified, Analytic Services uses the level 0 members from the dimension tagged as time. <BR><BR>Notes<BR>Depending on the values in the list, @MINRANGE may return a zero(0) or #MISSING value. For full control over skipping or inclusion of zero(0) and #MISSING values, it is recommended to use the @MINSRANGE function instead of the @MINRANGE function. <BR><BR>Example<BR>In the Sample Basic database:<BR><BR>Qtr1 = @MINRANGE(Sales,Jan:Mar);<BR><BR>produces the following report:<BR><BR> Colas New York Actual               <BR> Jan Feb Mar Qtr1<BR>     === === === ====<BR>Sales 678 645 675 645 <BR><BR>See Also<BR>@MINSRANGE<BR>@MIN<BR>@MAXSRANGE<BR><BR><BR>
  • 2. Max Value
    3004 Newbie
    Really, thank u very much.Your reply was very fast.