3 Replies Latest reply: Aug 7, 2007 10:46 AM by 3004 RSS

Data load using rules file

Hi All,<BR><BR>So here is the situation. I did a level 0 export of the data onto a .txt flat file. <BR><BR>When I try to load the data, the members within one dimension try to come in as a single member. E.g. Jan, Feb, Mar....., Dec try to come in together as a single Period member.<BR><BR>I then opened the data file into a rules files and saw that everything was coming into one column instead of being separated in separate columns. I tried using delimiters but didn't work.<BR><BR>Any help?<BR><BR>Thanks,<BR>Hank
        • 1. Data load using rules file
          Did you export in native format or column format?<BR><BR>In native format you do not need to use a load rule, just load the file directly into Essbase, as long as the dimensions are the same and all the members are still there it will load.<BR><BR>If you exported in column format and want to reload using a load rule you first need to fix your headers in the export file. When Essbase exports it does not include all headers so you need to ignore the first line of the export and manually map the columns to each dimension. Also, in the load rule your Data Source properties should be set to Delimter = All Spaces.<BR><BR>HTH
          • 2. Data load using rules file
            <p>I always export in columnar format and don't need a load rulefor it.  I'm on version 6.5.4.2, so maybe it's changed?</p>
            • 3. Data load using rules file
              <p>Hi Hank,<br>                Idont think you will need to use a rule file when loading a level 0export since the file contains the complete information.<br>                Whatyou can do is goto the application manager->Database->loaddata and select the file which you need to load and dont select anyrules file,it will load without any error.<br>            Iamworking on 6.5.4.2 version and it works for me.<br><br>Please try this....<br></p>