6 Replies Latest reply: Aug 17, 2007 4:42 PM by 3004 RSS

drill down on shared members

<p>I have the following account structure:</p><p> </p><p>Income</p><p>    - Total Revenue (+)</p><p>        - Revenue fromSource A (+)</p><p>               -detailed accounts</p><p>        - Revenue fromSource B (+)</p><p>        </p><p>    - Total Expenses (-)</p><p>        -Utilities(+)</p><p>            -Corporate Utilities (+)</p><p>                    -detailed accounts</p><p>            -Non-Corporate Utilities(+)</p><p>        -OtherExpenses(+)</p><p> </p><p> </p><p>Non-Corporate Income</p><p>    - Total Revenue (shared member) (+)</p><p>    - Corporate Utilities (shared member)(-)</p><p> </p><p>Basically, when using the excel addin if you pull inNon-Corporate Income and drill down you get Total Revenue &Corporate Utilities, but you cannot then drill down on TotalRevenue and get the Sources defined above.</p><p>Is is possible to drill down on a shared member to the childrenunder the stored member?</p>
        • 1. drill down on shared members
          Try deleting Non-Corporate Income before you drill into Total Revenue. Or turn off Retain selected member in your drill options. The problem is that if Essbase sees Non-Corporate Income, then it knows it is the alternate roll up and correctly does not drill on Total Revenue. Remove Non-Corporate Income and Total Revenue, just becomes plain old Total Revenue and you should be able to drill on that.
          • 2. drill down on shared members
            Even if I remove Non-Corporate Revenue from my spreadsheet, I still cannot drill down on Total Revenue.
            • 3. drill down on shared members
              Hi,I find that in essbase docs:- Shared members cannot have children.- You cannot assign UDAs or formulas to shared members.I dont know if my advice is stupid or not, but what if you do a dimension called "Scenario" like Scenario dimension on essbase samples and essbase docs....
              • 4. drill down on shared members
                Honestly I'm surprised because I double checked in my environment and it worked. By removing the parent that identifies that member in a particular hierarchy, it just becomes a stand alone member and at that point it should default back to the base member and allow you to drill.
                • 5. drill down on shared members
                  <p>I'd agree with garycris - on our systems a user will hit a wallonce you get to the shared member.</p><p> </p><p>If the user deletes the members above it that indicate itbelongs to a shared rollup, then the user can resume drilling intothe shared member.</p><p> </p>
                  • 6. drill down on shared members
                    <p><b>Hi melanie_jacks,</b></p><p> </p><p><b>Please do refer to pg 166 (of 7.1 DBAG) which talks about"shared member retrieval during drill down" .</b></p><p><b>Should be useful</b></p><p> </p><p><b>Sandeep Reddy</b></p><p><b>HCC</b><br></p>