5 Replies Latest reply: Aug 28, 2007 6:02 PM by 3004 RSS

ASO formulas

I have formulas on my Time dimension which is Dynamic.<BR><BR>Are there any issues I should be aware of? Is this an optimal approach? <BR><BR><BR>Jim
        • 1. ASO formulas
          <p>JDZ99,</p><p> </p><p>ASO does not let you have forumulas on the members of timedimension.</p><p>ASO formulas can only be possible on the memeber of thedimension which is ACCOUNT in nature .</p><p>and tell me why time is dynamic in nature .</p><p> </p><p>Sandeep Reddy</p><p> </p>
          • 2. ASO formulas
            You can have formulas on dimensions other than the one tagged as accounts. That dimension needs to be tagged multi or dynamic in nature. You may have to play with your aggregation to get retrievals acceptable, but we have very large 13 dimension ASO application with member formulas in 3 of the dimensions and it works quite well.
            • 3. ASO formulas
              <p>Hi hstommy,</p><p>When you create a dimension in ASO,  you have only fouroptions ( they are accounts , time , attritbute and other).</p><p>So, how to do it .</p><p>Would you please expalin in detail how its working at your end.</p><p>Thankyou</p><p> </p><p>Sandeep Reddy</p><p> </p>
              • 4. ASO formulas
                When you create a dimension, you tag the dimension type one of the three:<BR>1) Enable Mulitiple Hierarchies<BR>2) Enable Stored Hierarchies<BR>3) Enable Dynamic Hierarchies<BR><BR>Yes, you can tag dimensions as time or account, but let's ignore that for now and say we don't choose one of these options.<BR>If option 1 is chosen, then you can create member formulas on members of the dimension. If we choose option 3, then we can tag an area of that dimension as dynamic and create member formulas on that area of the dimension. If option 2 is chosen, no member formulas are allowed on that dimension. Hopefully that helps some. We use 7.x.
                • 5. ASO formulas
                  <p>hstommy,</p><p>I have experimented and it had worked , thankyou , yourinformation was resourceful</p><p> </p><p>Sandeep Reddy</p><p> </p>