3 Replies Latest reply: Aug 28, 2007 5:52 PM by 3004 RSS

User cannot access calc script - help!

<p>Hi All,</p><p> </p><p>Thanks in advance for any advice.  I have set up anapplication designer who used to manage his own databases. after aserver issue we restored the backup and since then I had to createa new application for this person with the same outline and calcscripts which I copied accross.  </p><p> </p><p>Now the issue is that when this user tries to execut a calcscript he gets the error '1056224 user SACHA cannot access calcscript [NewCALC]'.  Funnily enough when I go to execute itthere is no problem!</p><p> </p><p>Could anyone help?</p><p> </p><p>Thanks</p><p>Arfan</p>
        • 1. User cannot access calc script - help!
          Did you remember to set him up as application designer on the new application? Or are you going to give him less access? If so, you may need to explictly give him calc access.
          • 2. User cannot access calc script - help!
            <p>Hi thanks for your response,  I did set him up as anapplication designer but check this out....  You have to setthe user up as a database designer on the database that they willuse.  Thats strange because when you specify the user as anapplication designer then you cannot change the database detailsfor them.  </p><p> </p><p>This means you have to choose the database designer first andthen change them to an application designer. Thats confusing as Ilooked at this a few times and ignored it as I thought if it's notan option to change this then it can't possibly be the problem.</p><p> </p><p>Thanks for you advice Will!</p><p> </p><p>Arfan</p>
            • 3. User cannot access calc script - help!
              <p>Hi dreamscapeauk,</p><p>Once you set a user "Application designer" , you wontbe able to change the database details for the fact that he is likethe owner and has all prevelages on that appl ,whereas on the otherhand if you go for "database designer", then you wouldsee few options to set like 'read', write.bla bla bla..</p><p> </p><p>So, if you set application designer , it should work and do notbother about the other details ,as the user gets all preveleges onthat application</p><p> </p><p>Sandeep Reddy</p><p> </p>