2 Replies Latest reply: Jul 30, 2007 7:24 PM by 3004 RSS

EAS Server start error

Hi All,<BR><BR>I have just installed EAS7.1.6 to one of my server. All the installation went fine, but when i try to start Administration Server(startEAS.exe) i get following error msg :<BR>"Unable to locate the application's 'main' class. The class 'org.apache.catalina. startup.Bootstrap' must be public and have a 'public static void main(String[])'method. (LAX)"<BR><BR>Could you please help me out what it means and how to debug it?<BR><BR>Thanks,<BR> sandeep
        • 1. EAS Server start error
          <p>As per Defect 379808, the HYPERION_HOME cannot be changed oncethe common components have been installed on the machine. This is alimitation of current installer.<br><br>WORKAROUND:<br>1. From the renamed HYPERION_HOME copy the old Tomcat directorytree into the new HYPERION_HOME<br>2. From the renamed HYPERION_HOME copy the old EAS database fromHYPERION_HOME\common\DBMS\MySQL\4.0.12\data\mysql_data to the newlocation</p><p> </p><p>"Unable to locate the application's 'main' class. The class'org.apache.catalina. startup.Bootstrap' must be public and have a'public static void main(String[])'method. (LAX)"</p><p> </p><p>cause of this problem is renamed old HYPERION_HOME    directory</p><p> </p><table><tr><td width="100%"></td></tr></table><p> </p>
          • 2. EAS Server start error
            hi Harshal,<BR><BR>I already tried the first workaround. I am using Oracle as database, so dont think option 2 will be of any use. Still i am getting the same error msg. Do anyone face this porblem ?