This discussion is archived
0 Replies Latest reply: Aug 23, 2007 12:48 PM by 3004 RSS

Shared Services - Sharing MetaData between Essbase and Planning?

3004 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
<p><font size="2" face="Verdana">I have been out of the Hyperionworld for about a 1 and 1/2 years now and am trying to playcatch-up. I am looking at Planning admin doc for 9.2.0.3 and it isdiscussing sharing models in Shared Services (old HUB stuff that Ididn't get to do much with back in the day either).<br><br>At the risk of appearing dense, I wanted to verify if metadatamodels from Essbase cube can be shared with Planning applications?It may be somewhere in some doc explicitly that I am not readingbut only seems to talk about HFM and Planning sharingmodels.<br><br>If this is the case has anyone used it in this manner before? Areall properties for Planning dim/members translated across fromEssbase or are there dim/member properties that I would have to goback and complete still? Any drawbacks/issues with using the sharedmodel approach that I should watch out for?  Other doc you canpoint me at that discusses using this in more detail?<br></font></p><p><font size="2" face="Verdana">Kathy<br></font></p>